"Imperium" solitaire scenario for SotS

Tactics and Action Reports.

"Imperium" solitaire scenario for SotS

Postby Pavane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:18 pm

I've always enjoyed playing the board game Imperium, and it inspired me to use the SotS game system to try to create a similar scenario for one player v.s the AI. The player takes on the role of a provincial governor of a vast empire, the Imperium, and encounters opposition from the nascent Stellar Union. In order to balance the game the actions of the Imperial player are constrained by Imperial edicts and influenced by events in the rest of the empire.

I am going to give it a try tonight to see how it works. I may have to tweek the victory conditions and possibly the game parameters. Please let me know what you think.

EDIT: The scenario needs some work. When I tried it the Stellar Union still had only one world when I discovered them. I've uploaded the latest version here:

SwordOfTheStars_Imperium101.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pavane on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stellar Union
Pavane

Re: "Imperium" solitaire scenario for SotS

Postby kdonovan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Pavane wrote:I've always enjoyed playing the board game Imperium, and it inspired me to use the SotS game system to try to create a similar scenario for one player v.s the AI. The player takes on the role of a provincial governor of a vast empire, the Imperium, and encounters opposition from the nascent Stellar Union. In order to balance the game the actions of the Imperial player are constrained by Imperial edicts and influenced by events in the rest of the empire.

I am going to give it a try tonight to see how it works. I may have to tweek the victory conditions and possibly the game parameters. Please let me know what you think.

Isn't this similar to one of the scenarios included in the game - a Tarka provincial governor and the upstart humans?
kdonovan

Postby Pavane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:32 pm

kdonovan wrote:Isn't this similar to one of the scenarios included in the game - a Tarka provincial governor and the upstart humans?

Possibly, I haven't played any of the scenarios.
Stellar Union
Pavane

Postby Vengashii » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:01 pm

It's very similar to that one, but this scenario appears to have less aggravating "whims of the Emperor" :P
Vengashii

Postby Pavane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Vengashii wrote:It's very similar to that one, but this scenario appears to have less aggravating "whims of the Emperor" :P

I guess that I'll have to give that SotS scenario a try. It sounds like Imperium might have inspired it.
Stellar Union
Pavane

Postby Mecron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:15 pm

You would indeed be very correct :wink: And the "aggrivating whims of the emperor" were very much a part of Imperium as well :thumbsup:
Mecron
Kerberos

Return to T.A.R.