Fort Zombie II ideas

tilarium

Fort Zombie II ideas

Post by tilarium » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:24 am

So here's some things I would do if I were to make the next Fort Zombie game.

- More zombie types and a whole bunch of new looks for them!
- Random survivors as well as the family and key survivors.. gets boring finding the same people over and over again.
- More weapons
- Appearance options for the main character.
- Ability to find and change clothes of all survivors.
- Armor
- Being able to find survivors in any missions.. survivor missions just guarantee that there is at least one survivor in that mission.
- Requiring items for obstacles. I always have tons and tons and tons of nails and ropes and cords. Those sorts of things should be needed to build defenses as well as traps.
- More defense types and more traps!
- Make the zombies have to get up to the fort to attack it instead of appearance right on top of it.
- Random length of time before the big attack.
- Being able to keep playing after the attack.

What are your ideas... wants... desires for the next installment of... FORT ZOMBIE!

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Re: Fort Zombie II ideas

Post by RobAK801 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:03 pm

A SotS-style setup page with sliders for number(say +-10%), toughness(-25% <=> +50% like now with the different levels), and speed of Zeds.

Some days I want to play on the police level with school toughness Zeds and vice versa. Sometimes I want to play a game were the Zeds are easy to avoid due to sparseness and others I want a wall of Zeds 3 deep and ten across barring my path. A game full of "Classic" shambling Zeds would be great or a game where every Zed was "Jogger quick" would be awesome.
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

Pianoman

Post by Pianoman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:15 pm

It would be cool if there were wandering survivors along with the previously mentioned idea of a more general mission type that could have a 'surprise' survivor discovered. Perhaps you're searching the map and sneaking around when you turn the corner and, surprise, there is a survivor walking around or running from zombies. Just a thought.

tilarium

Post by tilarium » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Three more from me...

- The mission select to pop up after you finish a mission where you can go to fort or go to another mission.
- The ability to keep your gun up without having to have the light on it. So many times I've been hurt because I drop my shotgun just as I needed to shoot...
- Other survivors being smart enough to know when to use what attacks. Zombie gets in close, switch to a melee weapon!

Psitaylor

Post by Psitaylor » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:39 pm

-Better gun handling
-Better sound
-Support for higher resolutions
- Port it to consoles plox (much easier to get it running smooth for everyone *wink * wink )
-Dlc/Expansions after release
-Camera needs some work
-Make the game look nicer, while still being more stable than the first
-More weapons (ofcourse)
- Support for xbox 360 controller on pc
-Ingame blog/poll where people can vote for new features (gets more people involved)
And lastly, make it a bigger budget game, raise the price to 20-30 dollars but make it a bigger,better more polished game ! :thumbsup:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:15 pm

That would be awesome indeed :thumbsup:

Psitaylor

Post by Psitaylor » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:49 am

Could you explain further Mecron, what ideas did you like/not like etc. And is FZ2 something thats even likely to happen ?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:15 am

Lol...I think he was talking about the much larger budget and accordingly higher price tag. Certainly the higher budget and higher price tag is what we need to implement some of the suggestions we've received. Unfortunately there is no Feature Fairy which comes to hand out game assets for free, even when game devs have been very good boys and girls this year. ;)

As for whether FZ2 is likely to happen? We are prepared to make a bigger better version of this title when the opportunity arises. :thumbsup:

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

matains

Post by matains » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:06 am

My ideas would be:
#More options for fort building (barricade windows for example, and strengthening doors themselves, not only making barricades behind them), and having an opportunity to build a really unassailable fortress if decided to concentrate on collecting building materials not weapons and food. Only if the survivors are not able to take the zombies down the whole wave would return every night more and more until they are killed or they succeed entering the fort.
#Clothes which would affect defensive skill level (leather jacket and jeans jumpsuit would protect the body better than T-shirt and hawaian shorts :lol: ), but decreasing movement speed and agility.
#Making armor by survivors with metalcasting skill from items found - lower level armors could be made from cans, baking sheets and other trash, and higher level armors from tinplates found in stores. There could be also some hockey or skateboard armors found and even concistador cuirasses :bangdesk:
#Smarter work planning (ability to see a bar informing of completion status and how far building would move on with assigned workers (approximately) AND i think it would be easier to make particular workplaces and then assign workers to them, not having a list with workers and assigning jobs to them as it is now.

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 am

I always liked the FZ tutorial, but what if we saw something a little more... interactive, say Ben gets shown the ropes in surviving the zombie apoc. by our favourite development team :thumbsup: plus a few dog soldiers to act as red shirts :twisted:
Add in the difficulty sliders and we've got an awsome start with tons of replay value.
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:06 am

and probably about a third of the entire dev time of the first game :D

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:04 pm

How about an auto-resolve for missions, ala sots? So the game does checks based on stats, just like when en route, only it also effects how much loot you find, out of what had already been rolled for that mission.
Pros: -build a strong character/team and the missions will end well
-great for people who enjoy playing in the fort but tend to do poorly in the field
- faster days
Cons: -only loot from the target area
- after rolling # of items at the target, will roll again to determine skill of the search
-random chance S*** will hit the fan during the mission
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

Adamantine Angel

Post by Adamantine Angel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:48 am

I believe that the Fort Zombie 2 storyline should span several time periods: a game where the characters who survive a campaign will unlock playable "decendants" to help fight in the next time period's campaign. For example:

-Characters who survive an outbreak campaign taking place during the Holy Crusades might produce British and French decendants.
-Characters who survive an outbreak campaign taking place in the 18th century's "gaslight and fog" London might produce decendants who would be fighting in the slick and muddy WWI era trench warfare outbreak campaign.
-Characters who survive an outbreak during the Napolianic Wars would spawn decendants fighting an outbreak in French Louisiana's Cajun country 1950.
-The very last campaign would be in the present day whose difficulty would solely depend on how many family lines you have managed to sucessfully unlock up to this point.

I'd personally like to see a zombie outbreak during the Wild West with playable characters including an Apache warrior, a U.S. Calvaryman, a gunslinger, and a "friggin' huge cleaver" wielding Hop Sing. Hey, Bonanza's Hop Sing is cool! :thumbsup:
"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once."

-William Shakespeare

"A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan."

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Adamantine Angel

Post by Adamantine Angel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:58 am

By the way, if there's an issue regarding generating money to fund the making of a Fort Zombie 2, why not offer to fans a chance to finance the game as sponsors?

The trade-off: sponsors get to have their names and faces immortalized in the game's credits, and as in-game NPCs.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once."

-William Shakespeare

"A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan."

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Darth Noob

Post by Darth Noob » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Woa! Just think, if 1000 fans of Fort Zombie gave $100 each to sponsor FZ][, that's $100,000 before sales! :thumbsup:
Anybody have a decent recipe for mouse?

Return to “FZ Suggestions”