Some general 1.08 suggestions (if its not too late)

Nightshade

Some general 1.08 suggestions (if its not too late)

Post by Nightshade » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:02 am

Some of these have been suggested before, but the more I play the more they seem ideal (if not too hard to program, about which I have little idea).

1. NPC Ranged toggle. This is a really persistent annoyance. You sometimes want to give certain fellow survivors a gun, especially on weapons missions. But you don't want them using them all the time, even at close ranges; they waste ammo and attract zombies, when a simple club or even unarmed attack will deal with your routine shamblers. Currently the only way to avoid this is to wait to give them a gun when you're almost ready to go at the mission site, which is a big old pain. It'd be nice to have a simple toggle to use ranged or melee attacks.

2. Weapon Selection: Having to flick through multiple weapons with tab when a zombie is in in your face is pretty unfortunate, especially when the ranged ones don't provide a melee defense bonus. This is really a problem when you're returning from a weapons run with five or six extra (unloaded) guns. Being able to go directly to the attack you want would really be good.

3. Being able to set your spawn point when going to the Fort screen would be rather good; having to run across half the fort, potentially dodging zombies when the battle starts is problematic (what, are you too stupid to sleep in the safe area with the rest of them? :mrgreen: ). In a few cases, you may well find you've barricaded yourself out of the defense location, or set traps in the way you can't get around.

4. Given the limits of the path and maneuvering commands, a function that would just randomize your survivors locations would sometimes get them out of no-escape positions that they've gotten themselves into (trapped behind a body pile, say, because the idiots followed you in there after you turned off Defend, even though you were no longer anywhere near that spot). This would avoid having to replay missions not because of any mistake, but fundamentally because of the limits of the software.

Just a few suggestions (perhaps not possible or too late to do any good).

Jerico

Re: Some general 1.08 suggestions (if its not too late)

Post by Jerico » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I like this, and for number 4, maybe a button that causes an ally to spawn in the nearest 'clear' area (Clear of debris, like a street corner or intersection) and causes them to stand still and glow until you get close enough.
Also I too hope it isn't too late...

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:36 pm

If I had to guess, as busy as they are with SotS II, there's probably plenty of time.

icarus13

Post by icarus13 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:53 pm

yes, it's a good suggestion I couldn't agree more and maybe improve the path finding of the other survivors will be good cause sometimes I can't get off an area if one of them can't even get out in the fence mostly in the fences of the house they get stuck..

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed May 08, 2013 12:56 am

run close to the survivor, they will repath to you.

icarus13

Post by icarus13 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:01 am

tried that some still run back and forth i don't why..

Return to “FZ Suggestions”