Naval Station at indy colonies

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

Terramort

Re: Naval Station at indy colonies

Post by Terramort » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:39 am

Ok, then go please yell at Mecron about the inverse cube law and beg for Dreadnoughts, as his argument is based on REALISM. Just like most other parts of this game. Sure, plenty is abstracted, but what makes this game so appealing is it's firm grounding in real science, and how nations/a space navy might really work. I'm also not throwing a tantrum... I'm just trying to get a discussion started, but it seems having a conversation with facts and real-life examples is not possible. I'm not arguing with the devs - if you look, the only dev comment is about "leaving sarcasm to the professionals"... it's players I'm attempting to reason with.

Ryat

Post by Ryat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:05 pm

Terramort wrote: I'm just trying to get a discussion started, but it seems having a conversation with facts and real-life examples is not possible.

Well if that is the case then you need to back off on the sarcasm. Sarcasm is usually a means of attack. Plus if you are truly desiring to be one who starts conversations then tone yourself down. Being like Mecron (yes he can be a bit aggressive in his tone on these forums but he is the boss so this is his forums in a sense) will just get you in more trouble.
Sins of Solar Empire: Distant Stars http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/335474

ForceUser

Post by ForceUser » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Put into simpler terms: If a sugestion does not fit into the gameplay then using the 'it works that way in real life' argument will never, ever work. Kerberos decides if a sugestion is worth implementing not the players so arguing with them will not change if an idea is implemented or not.

That said, refining an idea through discussion might help in changing the suggestion into something Kerberos can use but sarcasm is not a good way to discuss an idea with others.
Perspective Man: Much like common sense, it's so rare it's a gorram superpower.
Agent.nihilist wrote:Ooo! Whats the gesture for ramming!?
Korgan wrote:probably a pelvic thrust
Mecron wrote:oy that is wrong at so many levels...well done! :P

Terramort

Post by Terramort » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:50 pm

I do fully agree with you - it is up to the devs, and something that doesn't help gameplay (even if it's more real) shouldn't be added.

But that's no the case here. The devs haven't said no, and adding the ability to protect indie colonies would be very helpful to the game, given the sheer amount of random threats in the SotS universe.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Terra, how about this time I say "Terra, shut the front door because you are getting so toxic that if you suggested oxygen for breathing I probably would say no".

Seriously, I don't know how many friends you keep in real life with this harping on stuff crap, but with actual people it begins to undermine your position considerably. You begin with slightly flawed examples that are good for discussion but then hump them as if you are the smartest boy in the world. And all that does is push people to think about how your argument is flawed instead of thinking about the actual issue.

There...how's that? I will be sending you an invoice for the 5 mins of my busy day :P

Terramort

Post by Terramort » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Alright, rather than spend 5 minutes and explain why you think this is a bad idea, or simply say that it can't be implemented, you prefer to spend 5 minutes insulting me... ? All I asked was for some actual discussion on the subject.

Perhaps some clarification would help. When I say "Indie Colonies", I refer to the colonies of less-advanced aliens you can convince to join you, not civilian colonies started by your own empire. I don't think you should be able to build Naval Stations at Civie Colonies, as they are trying to be independent from you empire. Indie Colonies are trying to be dependent on your empire, utilizing protection, trade, and outside technology in return for labor and new materials.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:34 pm

for the boy who thinks he is always right, the answer is often the insult.

Return to “Suggestions”