Incoming Fleet ETA's

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Incoming Fleet ETA's

Post by Resok » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:40 am

I often find myself having to manually calculate the ETA of incoming enemy fleets. Would be nice to see the return of the enemy fleet ETA on the incoming message similar to what we had in SOTS Prime. Additionally there is no representation of enemy fleets in the fleet list which can make planning a defense a bit of a juggling act on smaller maps, and a major challenge on larger maps.
- Resok

ForesterSOF

Re: Incoming Fleet ETA's

Post by ForesterSOF » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 pm

It would be nice to know instad of running a turn and looking to see haw far a ship moved and then guessing.
A turn wasted wher every turn can mean something.

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:33 pm

For now you can select the fleet then right click the destination. This will give you the distance then divide by thier speed. Made it easier for me to figure out patrols and what not.
I'm NOT a cat!

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah, the workaround isn't complex - however it quickly becomes challenging to keep track of many incoming fleets with a larger empire.
- Resok

Lucian

Post by Lucian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

I'd like to see ETA's too. With all the other things in the game to think about, it would be nice if I didn't have to calculate it myself, and with some of the unusual FTL systems (node, liir) it can be quite difficult to estimate. It would be good to have an accurate ETA to plan by.

olmio

Post by olmio » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:52 am

ETA feels like kinda basic stuff. I guess it is just a bit broken and will be fixed at some point.

It is just funny how many other games feature all kinds of silliness such as invisible walls, physics anomalities, texture/character clipping etc, but we who play strategy games or RPGs are especially keen to point those out:P.

WarpObscura

Post by WarpObscura » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:10 pm

You have my yes.

Karu

Post by Karu » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Resok wrote:Yeah, the workaround isn't complex - however it quickly becomes challenging to keep track of many incoming fleets with a larger empire.

Well, except liir - ther is allways gamble it feels if it is this or next round, or maybe even 2 ...

+1

Sincerly

Return to “Suggestions”