Diplomacy Screen

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

Itharus

Diplomacy Screen

Post by Itharus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:03 pm

The relations graph needs to be zoomed out a bit, I think. It spends very little time above or below the center line visible, and most the time either completely north or south off the graph - with no way to see in which direction you've gone off the chart. It would also be nice if the chart actually showed you the whole relationship graph from start to present (or had an option to make it pop-out and show you that). Right now though, the relations graph seems horribly scaled and of little use due to the actual line going off graph all the time.

In general, I'd love to have the diplomacy screen more in depth, period. It's really hard to track your relations with anyone as it stands other than simply knowing official status (ie: war).

Also, the "recent events" window seems ominously black no matter how much stuff has gone on (spies, battles, gifts, etc). The only notes I ever get in that window is "Larger/Smaller Empire" and when a treaty is accepted.

The diplomacy system in SOTS2 seems a lot more complicated than it was in Prime, but I feel like I'm not able to use it to its potential due to stumbling over the interface :(
Go Hiver or go home!

Zweistein

Re: Diplomacy Screen

Post by Zweistein » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Seconded!

I'd like to see diplomacy made a tad bit more useful in the game. What is currently there still looks like a place holder for something to come and is very hard to understand. Also AI still likes to just say yet to your proposals and likes to give out random demands, even when at war.
We will sing their nightmares to them.

ForesterSOF

Post by ForesterSOF » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:57 pm

It takes more from me to win by Diplomacy and Trade then doing the military conquor so the more in thes two areas the better INHO.

Ashbery76

Post by Ashbery76 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:35 pm

A relations graph showing not only your own but also A.I treaties.Tool tips why the A.I feels the way it does to the player.Like RTW2 and Civ5 which is perfect.

I would also like a protectorate treaties tied up to the empire in question so attacking independents means they have to DOW the protector.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Yes...but how will all those lil countries and funny clothes fit into outer space?! Sorry ash you have made a nice piece of art but it seems to be about some other game altogether! :lol:

ForesterSOF

Post by ForesterSOF » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 pm

In Space Empires V you have a table that shows each empires relationship to others.
This way I am nice to my freinds freinds also.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:00 am

Actually, a "Galactic Relations" screen of some sort would be interesting.

More or less, a sort of information display, listing all known factions next to each others, and their known relationship to each others (i.e.: Nation X is allied with nation U, but nation X is at war with nation A and is also in a neutral relationship with a race still unknown to us based on intelligence.

As someone else said, it would provide a way to be aware of who is fighting who, and at the same time who is also aliied with your allies so that you know on whose side you might wish to remain(or whom you may want to evict of the alliance if their presence is a thorn in your territorial expansion).

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:44 pm

If there is time and resources available there will be a dip screen revamp incorporating many suggestions.

Ashbery76

Post by Ashbery76 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:04 pm

I look forward to it.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Itharus wrote:The relations graph needs to be zoomed out a bit, I think. It spends very little time above or below the center line visible, and most the time either completely north or south off the graph - with no way to see in which direction you've gone off the chart. It would also be nice if the chart actually showed you the whole relationship graph from start to present (or had an option to make it pop-out and show you that). Right now though, the relations graph seems horribly scaled and of little use due to the actual line going off graph all the time.

The graph goes from 0 to 2000 relation points. I'm not really sure what would you mean by "scaled" and "zoomed out", besides maybe the line being thicker so that you still see it if it's at 0 or 2000. And also, YMMV : in my games so far, I rarely saw the relations being at 0 or 2000...

Of course, before making any such changes, it would actually be nice if the graph was working properly and that relations wouldn't jump randomly by sometimes huge amounts. (And in any way, as I already mentioned, diplomacy is far from being important to me compared to general empire management issues.)

Tool tips why the A.I feels the way it does to the player.

Is already in the game (besides the starting relations and the random jumps).

Zweistein

Post by Zweistein » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 am

Mecron wrote:If there is time and resources available there will be a dip screen revamp incorporating many suggestions.

YES!!
We will sing their nightmares to them.

olmio

Post by olmio » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:22 am

If the player has diplomacy station (i always name them Babylon 1,2 etc lol) "recent events" could inform about other factions´ treaties/wars/etc based on what those factions who reside on the station know. So, a faction who has made contact with every other faction would give more info than faction who has limited information about other factions.

Also, diplomacy stations could give "recent events" info about random encounters/grand menaces. It would be cool to know if asteroids or slavers hit an enemy colony recently and then act accordingly.

Also, planet infrastructure/terraform complete info-pictures would be nice:P.

Return to “Suggestions”