Ship design additions?

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

duckbird

Ship design additions?

Post by duckbird » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Hey,

Loving the game still, but since there's a suggestion board I thought I'd toss in a few things I think it would be nice to see in the game.

In the ship design section, could you add armor cell graphs to the targets? Let us see how much damage our weapons are doing? (I know you can look them up on the wiki) It would be really nice to see just what damage patterns are being inflicted with combined weapons or constant fire. Help you decide if that inaccurate weapon is worth it, or which guns to combine with each other. Really would improve the experience of testing ships out, because even on the enemy I never really know what kind of damage my hits are doing.

Also would be nice to see a visible firing arc from each individual weapon. If you highlight a turret, show us exactly what arc it can fire in. I know you can get an overview of all your guns of that weapon type, but individual turrets are sometimes confusing. Would be nice to see exactly how many guns you can point off which part of the ship. Some races or ship designs have turrets that *look* like they can swivel about 90 degrees to shoot off the side, but only go about 70 and so cannot combine with a broadside.

Would really jazz up the ship design aspect of the game!

Nall White

Re: Ship design additions?

Post by Nall White » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Or, give the targets armor and the ability to set the amount of blue layers. Then maybe with the comparative analysis tech, replace the target with a ship from another faction. The weapon test screen could be like a light simulator.
I'm NOT a cat!

Return to “Suggestions”