Suggestions/Modding capability

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

Ciurrioc

Suggestions/Modding capability

Post by Ciurrioc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:42 am

Whats the feasibility of the Following.

Defining Colony Types when deploying Ships
A list displays when sending out a colony mission it would ditact the type of colony being deployed, we have (what I consider) a soft version of this by altering the Industry/trade sliders and plopping a station above, but I personally desire a more indept means.
it would entail giving different colony types varying attributes when they come to fruition.

For example a Military world would pump out more admirals, have higher CP values, effect moral depending on Race/Gov't type, be able to field more military assets (stations and rocket/planet-side defenses) and more Imperials (by far) than civillians, less trade more IO no?

Penal worlds would have a separate section like slaves do for Zuul, a place to dump the individuals of a race you're at war with.

your average colony/civillian world would basically be what we have now but wouldn't sport as many missile installations...yes? I wont go and list them all, I think what I'm asking about is pretty clear.

I would also interject that in the same way you can decide if a planet has hardened structures, I'd love this to be expanded upon so I can dictate what worlds under a certain infrastructure level would utilize. Tempest world with High CH? domed settlements/cities instead of researching environmental tailoring for example

disclaimer I'm aware of the Micromanaging, but seriously for me I would like more to do with planets...honestly.

Research
Some light mission system where when followed through accrues bonuses.many of these missions would have a research/surveying ship accompanying the fleet completing the mission there are basic missions for instance for a certain weapon you'd be asked to participate in a number of battles using its predecessor with different firing stances or against certain ships/tech or Bio technology would involve surveying a system with a certain world type. then the fleet with the RS returns home and the bonus is gained, a greater bonus can be gained when a Station with the appropriate tech modules requests the RS ship.

in fact I would add that having a Research Station would unlock these missions/shiptype
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

zortlord

Re: Suggestions/Modding capability

Post by zortlord » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:17 pm

This sounds an awful lot like the moo3 regions setting and development plan. how about just simplifying picking a colony type to "industrial" or "people" which is really already possible. For "people", just up the civilians slider and do trading. For "industrial", build a huge naval station and overharvest.

Aranador

Post by Aranador » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Or research super worlds

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:54 am

I'm fully aware of those methods, even had a disclaimer for them. my reasoning is they just become supped up versions of normal planets with jack of all trades capability (imho) I understand that to many, having labels for which worlds would have little flexibility from is highly arbitrary. but I again personally would enjoy having some diversity rather than all worlds being able to send out a barrage of missiles/make a tonnage of cash from the get go with near identical population values.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

Return to “Suggestions”