new complexity "super hard"

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

shadow wolf

new complexity "super hard"

Post by shadow wolf » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:31 pm

In Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion has a very high level of complexity. In fact, "this is the last level of hard" uses a cheat:
1) AI instantly teaches technology.
2) See the whole map.
3) There is a very well overstated income.
And later in the same spirit.
Can I add a layer of complexity in SotS2. That is reseach AI technology for 1 turn. With higher incomes. Without penalty morality. No charge for maintenance of ships and colonies. With a very large number of generals.
Last edited by shadow wolf on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: super hard (moar cheat)

Post by Resok » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:51 am

Well you can already give the AI in SOTS2 a 9 system start (6 systems above the player), and 10 techs as well as 'Hard' difficulty (which boosts their income and IO).

The AI already doesn't pay maintenance currently.

There are a few ways I've used to amp up the AI difficulty via modding and such that I can detail in PM if you're curious.
- Resok

shadow wolf

Re: super hard (moar cheat)

Post by shadow wolf » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:16 am

Resok wrote:Well you can already give the AI in SOTS2 a 9 system start (6 systems above the player), and 10 techs as well as 'Hard' difficulty (which boosts their income and IO).

The AI already doesn't pay maintenance currently.

There are a few ways I've used to amp up the AI difficulty via modding and such that I can detail in PM if you're curious.

I understand all this . It's just that I have the habit - to write on the forums ideas and opinions related to the utterances of others. My proposal is based on two things :
1 ) The players are normally cheating AI at high complexity if it relates to the study of technology. Normally relate to money excellence. It's examples used to SinS and EoM.
2) There are reviews on SotS2. AI behind in technology. Usually . Usually experienced players are taught to only the most necessary technology ( giving the greatest benefit ) . AI also teaches technology in what is their right (in which his special order). Then get a big difference in power. If AI is to give a bonus to the study of technology ( reducing the cost . Removing unsuccessful trial (study rollback) .. or even reseach the turn for 1 ), the player will be able to play with a more difficult opponent . Simply add the bonus and make a new layer of complexity.
And morality. Simply lowering the fines. To AI does not fall to pieces quickly.

Return to “Suggestions”