Add notification for trade goods failing to export/rotting

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Add notification for trade goods failing to export/rotting

Post by Resok » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Sometimes it's not easy to tell how/why your economy rating is dropping in a system. For new players attempting to trade a notification may be an essential data point to help them figure out why their morale is dropping in their homeworld for example.

My suggestion is two news events:

1. Freighter failed to find an export system within %X% LY of %source system%. Goods will be stored in warehouses for %Y% turns.

2. X goods rotted in %system%
- Resok

zortlord

Re: Add notification for trade goods failing to export/rotti

Post by zortlord » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:51 pm

I think that's a great idea. How about we expand it to notifications for all morale affecting events?

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: Add notification for trade goods failing to export/rotti

Post by Resok » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Well, we already have a indicator for all morale events so it's not too hard to track that down. I could agree that a warning when a planet has reached a low morale threshold would be a useful notification event (maybe around the 25 mark or so?). As is the number of morale events are incredibly vast and you'd end up spamming the history details over a larger empire. The idea would be to get notifications on events that you can have a direct impact at limiting for future turns - IE: Trade Goods delivery or rotting goods. Since you directly control the goods being generated to be shipped as well as either directly controlling the number of dock slots and freighters it's a very useful item to be notified of.
- Resok

Return to “Suggestions”