RACE: HUMAN

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Naja
Doomsayer

Re: RACE: HUMAN

Post by Naja » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Probably really agile, fast, and hard-hitting. Not to mention mean and intimidating. I'd wager that the bulk of MacKenzie's fighting advantage simply comes from his willpower.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 am

MacKenzie is VERY big for a modern human, and also extremely strong. He's nowhere the size of a Changed Tarka, however, and doesn't have the speed advantage of having an organ that floods his system with performance-enhancing chemicals when it's time for a fight.

His major advantage in combat is not just that he can dish out awful punishment when he has an opening, however, but his ability to endure punishment while waiting for the chance to strike. Those scars on his face were made by Hiver dueling blades, up close and personal. He won that battle with blood pouring from those wounds and others besides. He won many fights not because he struck first or most often, but because he was the last one standing.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:46 am

So he takes the Andrew Jackson pistol duel strategy and applies it to brawls? Awesome!

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:14 am

Erinys wrote: doesn't have the speed advantage of having an organ that floods his system with performance-enhancing chemicals when it's time for a fight.

I'm just going to pick nits and mention the adrenal glands we humans got ;) (kidding...this was just a ruse to get your attention to thank you for all the time and effort you put into answering our questions.)

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 am

Human adrenal system compared to Tarka adrenal system? A kid's squirt gun vs. a fire hose.

--Arinn

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:21 pm

It seems Naja was right, he just doesn't back down.

Sounds like we should have some grudgematches hah. MacK vs a Prince and MacK vs a Changed Male. While it seems that the first one would be in his favour given his experience with Warriors, the Changed Male appears an interesting match.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:33 pm

I think I remember that Ashilde Falke was called the "Iron Queen" by the Hivers. Does Mac have a similar cool name by the other factions?

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Erinys wrote:His reputation as the Ultimate Killer Ape was well-deserved,
--Arinn

It would seem so Naja. 8)
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Naja wrote:I think I remember that Ashilde Falke was called the "Iron Queen" by the Hivers. Does Mac have a similar cool name by the other factions?

They do him an even greater honor; he needs no epithet. He is simply "MacKenzie."

--Arinn

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Wed May 02, 2012 3:45 am

Lol Did they make his name an epithet? :lol:

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 am

Well, he helped broker peace with the Hivers after a brutal war, so I'd imagine just the opposite.

Azrael Ultima

Re: Religions

Post by Azrael Ultima » Sun May 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Erinys wrote:The symbol known as the Tertium, or “Three Arrows”, is familiar to many in the modern world. It is stamped on the collection bins that we use for recyclable materials. The most widespread religious symbol of the Utilitarian Church, the symbol of the Tertium represents the cycle of change and renewal for all existence: matter, energy, and spirit. The arrangement of arrows into a triangle serves as a reminder that the Universe is a closed system, and that all we do returns to us, good and bad.

I... see. A most holy symbol indeed.

Sorry, i need to go over there, water my dog, iron my windows, not roll on the floor laughing about your holy symbols... *cough*
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun May 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Apes are strange. For example, in the 20th and 21st centuries, over a billion of them wore and/or worshipped as a symbol of the Divine an ancient implement of agonizing, torturous execution. Others used a chariot wheel for a symbol, or gathered under a banner which had marked them for death in gas chambers during a horrific campaign of genocide.

--Arinn

sob

Post by sob » Sun May 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Well the star of david was all ways there.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Sun May 27, 2012 11:57 pm

sob wrote:Well the star of david was all ways there.

So was the swastika (it is still here, just not so much in the western world). We are not consistent in our treatment of symbols. Sometimes the symbol is too painful to let stay, othertimes we take it in and make it our own.

However the star of David I agree on. It was forced into the entire deadly business, of no want from the jews themselves, so I don't consider it tarnished by those events. But hey, I'm just yet another ape who does things strangely.

Return to “The Lore”