FACTION: HIVER IMPERIUM

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Betatrack

Re: FACTION: HIVER IMPERIUM

Post by Betatrack » Thu May 03, 2012 7:14 am

Erinys wrote:Nice photo. Unfortunately, biologically speaking, it's the equivalent of a still shot from "Man versus Food".

--Arinn

Who doesn't play with their food once or twice when they're young? =D

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed May 16, 2012 1:50 am

I just found an old, but cool little snipped here.
What is most interesting is:
It is well known that Hivers are capable of turning on even their own mothers, when their sense of right and wrong is sufficiently betrayed.

So, Hivers can get riled up against their own parents. This is sort of at odds with my own understanding of the Interregnum where Obsidian Crown ruled. Wasn't she more or less a despised despot that got various other clans up in arms. Shouldn't that sort of unstable behaviour have resulted in her own offspring to begin to question her? And of course there is the story of Fire Lotus (though that one can be argued to be biased by 'history is written by the victor').
Or have I misunderstood Obsidian Crown, that she was in fact a capable ruler, but was very ruthless in regards to the other royals. And thus the resulting Hiver instabilities were down to personal vendettas and such.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 am

Obsidian Crown ruled her own clan, but not the Hiver race. Enough of her sons loved her to keep the clan as a whole obedient.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Erinys wrote:Obsidian Crown ruled her own clan, but not the Hiver race. Enough of her sons loved her to keep the clan as a whole obedient.

--Arinn

Ah so it was a true interregnum. I had the perception that she did in fact usurp the power from her aunt and basically forced the rest of the Hivers to bend to her will.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed May 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Nope. That was the goal. Didn't work. The Interregnum was kept peaceful for quite some time by the Princess Regent, but eventually things fell apart.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Return to “The Lore”