Suul'Ka identities

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Naja
Doomsayer

Suul'Ka identities

Post by Naja » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

So far, we have heard of three Suul'Ka identities, and two of their GreatFathers.

They are:

He Who Shapes - created the Zuul. His Greatfather is Plaguefather, who is a grotesque monster with an inclination towards bioscience. We can probably guess the bonuses He would convey.

The Siren - was probably the main antagonist against the Morrigi in the Suuligi Wars. Possibly enslaved some Morrigi to create the Screamers. No idea who His Greatfather is.

Deaf - no idea. We just have that one picture of "Deaf's GreatFather" to go off of.

Any other hints or guesses as to the other 4 Suul'Ka identies?

Also, do Suul'Ka still look vaguely like Liir, or has their appearance (assuming we would ever see them outside their armor) 'evolved' into something different?

That Schmuck

Re: Suul'Ka identities

Post by That Schmuck » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 pm

My guess is their appearance inside the armor depends on how much they do those bioscience modifications on themselves. Given their all-consuming desire for immortality though, I doubt it would be any changes as crippling as Plaguefather's. Needing to stay on life support means you don't have a plan B if your enemies can counteract it. Beyond that, I would suspect a seriously angry looking Liir.

Korgan

Post by Korgan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:06 pm

The one i'm the most curious about is what i'll call for now "The First", i'm guessing he's not one of the Suul'ka that were killed by The Black. I'm curious because i'm assuming, being as ancient as he is, he is very powerful.
However, i'm wondering as well if he had a hand in planting suggestions and providing the knowledge to the other great elders(those he found to be of a similar mind to his/herself) that allowed them to rapidly advance the society to an industrial stage. If he did have a hand in those that followed, was he really the first on his own, and the Liir of his generation just advanced at a natural rate to their industrial era allowing him to eventually gain his freedom, or is there something more sinister out there that had a hand in shaping the first of the Suul'ka, that is not Liirian at all.
If there is something else out there, is this what keeps the Suul'ka allowing more Suul'ka to be born, because if there goal is to be immortal and to rule.. why would they allow others to become Suul'ka as well.

I think i've just fallen down a deep deep well of my own design :p

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Are we sure each Suul'ka has it's own Greatfather?
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:09 pm

patton1942 wrote:Are we sure each Suul'ka has it's own Greatfather?

Not really, but it kinda makes sense with the already mentioned great fathers. I think of it like this, each Suul'ka has an Altar/Temple and the GF is like the Highpriest of the Temple that is the go-between for Suul'ka/ Zuul relations.
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 pm

patton1942 wrote: Are we sure each Suul'ka has its own Greatfather?

Absolutely. Involving one's Self in the menial affairs of governing and administration is beneath a god.

Osa_Eris

Post by Osa_Eris » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:03 pm

You think the Deaf was the one who 'liberated' the Tarkan SI worlds?

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:06 pm

I thought we were told the Suul'Ka had nothing to do with that? I thought that as well, and somebody came along with a quote from Erinys, IIRC.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 pm

It seems pretty strongly implied that they weren't, but I can't find the definitive exclusion that I thought I remembered.

Osa_Eris

Post by Osa_Eris » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I'll just continue to assume someone decided to warp through a gate with predictable consequences :thumbsup:

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:29 am

well that's just silly. CLEARLY, somebody tried to anchor a gate in warp space. DUH!

:lol:
Here be pirates

Korgan

Post by Korgan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 pm

no no, someone clearly tried to warp a gate into cheesespace

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:28 am

So, The Faceless One. Was this one of the guys we saw in the Zuul picture?

Also, Caste put up a sound byte. The name of the clip is, The Cannibal. We have another name, methinks.
Here be pirates

twentypence

Post by twentypence » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:15 am

Only He Who Shapes, known also as the Bloodweaver

The new information implies that there is only one Greatfather at a time, but that they are shaped by any Suul'ka they have summoned.

evil713

Post by evil713 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:06 pm

this probily means you can only summon one Suul'ka at a time, multple greatfathers would most likely result in civil war for the zuul horde.

Return to “The Lore”