Suul'Ka identities

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Tavior

Re: Suul'Ka identities

Post by Tavior » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:47 pm

evil713 wrote:this probily means you can only summon one Suul'ka at a time, multple greatfathers would most likely result in civil war for the zuul horde.

From the recent Horde Zuul additional lores. It is safe to say you will NOT see more than one greatfather barring civil war or secession.

theliel

Post by theliel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 pm

evil713 wrote:this probily means you can only summon one Suul'ka at a time, multple greatfathers would most likely result in civil war for the zuul horde.

This does in fact inspire a '1 per x' idea and if there are multiple suul'ka horde zull players the it is a civil war. The only question is if it resembles wonders from civ - one per game, whoever gets there first gets the bennies.

Tavior

Post by Tavior » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:53 pm

theliel wrote:This does in fact inspire a '1 per x' idea and if there are multiple suul'ka horde zull players the it is a civil war. The only question is if it resembles wonders from civ - one per game, whoever gets there first gets the bennies.

I already asked earlier in another thread. Will there be ramifications for multiplies Horde Zuul having summoned a Suul'ka of their own? Will there be any diplomacy shift toward civil war as to whose Suul'ka is the Superior One? Or More of a super-size me Suulmass, see what I did there, by working together and join into a single Horde Zuul alliance?

levi_Will

Post by levi_Will » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Wait? There's more then one GreatFather? I had just assumed there was one and you're horde gets shaped depending on what you summon...

Multiple Zuul horde is mostly Gameplay and story segregation.
Mecron wrote:wow levi...you are previewing AND being a sarcasm master at the same time. Double awesome :thumbsup:

Tavior

Post by Tavior » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:28 pm

GreatFather is a leader of a single Horde Zuul empire so if there are more than one empire then there will be more than one GreatFather. Just like there will be more than one human leader for multiplies human empires.

It just don't make sense to have a left hand doing something in section A while another complete separate section B right hand doing something under one leader.

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:49 am

levi_Will wrote:Wait? There's more then one GreatFather? I had just assumed there was one and you're horde gets shaped depending on what you summon...

Which would necessitate, at the very least, several different appearances for Greatfather, depending on what primary patron is. Two possible incarnations have been shown thus far. Expect others.
Nerts to this space-crap!

levi_Will

Post by levi_Will » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:47 am

Golden Yak wrote:
levi_Will wrote:Wait? There's more then one GreatFather? I had just assumed there was one and you're horde gets shaped depending on what you summon...

Which would necessitate, at the very least, several different appearances for Greatfather, depending on what primary patron is. Two possible incarnations have been shown thus far. Expect others.

There's two? Could I, by any chance, get a link?
Mecron wrote:wow levi...you are previewing AND being a sarcasm master at the same time. Double awesome :thumbsup:

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:17 am

levi_Will wrote:There's two? Could I, by any chance, get a link?

Plaguefather, who follows "He Who Shapes" and The Faceless One, who seems to be "Deaf's Greatfather".
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

vince904

Post by vince904 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:28 pm

I think another candidate Suul-ka identity is "the Traveller" as the Herald refers to hir return in his message, which would seem to tie in with a Suul-ka showing up. Although of course this could be another name for the Siren given hir previous involvement with the Morrigi...

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:23 am

Or it was just tossed in as a Ghost Busters ref... but who knows. Maybe all of the Herald's pronouncements refer to various Lords.
Nerts to this space-crap!

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:58 am

I would postulate that the two greatfathers we have names for would be leaders of the same faction, at different times. Plague Father would seem to be the leader at the start of SoTS II, perhaps the faceless one was his predecessor?
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Return to “The Lore”