Morrigi; Death by Suul'Ka

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

erdrik

Morrigi; Death by Suul'Ka

Post by erdrik » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:10 pm

The Morrigi started to declined 10 to 15 thousand years ago.
But they only suffered losses against the Suul'Ka in the century before SotS Prime.
According to the Liir Lore thread, there is evidence that a total of around 20 Suul'Ka have been "reborn" over the course of 300 thousand years.
If the Suul'Ka have been around that long, what stopped them from curb stomping the Morrigi earlier?
Is the current Morrigi FTL a recent development? or was what they were creating on Irridia V the reason for the whole war to begin with?

Blackwarder

Re: Morrigi; Death by Suul'Ka

Post by Blackwarder » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:15 pm

I think it got more to do with the Suul'ka and Morrigi never meeting each other until 15,000 years ago, and we don't know wether there were any behind the scene clashes between the Suul'ka and the Morrigi before out right war started, who knows, perhaps the Suul'ka managed to engineer the Morrigi empire decline.

Warder

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:21 pm

The other thing is, at least one of the Zuul drops was on a planet that was clearly a research base. And as the Suul'ka are individuals, and space is big, it's entirely possible that thousands of years went by without one ever meeting the other. It looks to me like the Suul'ka decided to act when the Morrigi had clearly become a potential threat and were focusing on the means of this potential threat first (hence, going after a research base), then outright genocide.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Only two Suul'ka were involved in the Suuligi War, and they nearly drove the Morrigi to extinction. Largely on a whim, if the truth be told. A little paranoia about the development of new gravity tech, a little paranoia about a race which has Psionic Resistance in 50% of the population, and a whole lot of malicious joy in destruction.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Blackwarder

Post by Blackwarder » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 pm

-Arrin, every time I start to find some subject boring you throw a small post like that and make it interesting again :D

I like it how omnipotence the Suul'ka feel and how they act like spooked brats who revel in destruction and mayhem for the fun of it.

Warder

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Wasn't expecting that answer, but I love it! :twisted:
An interesting bit about the Suul'Ka, indeed. :mrgreen:

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:15 pm

I like how just two suul'ka did 'for funsies' and the horde faction can summon up to 7?! :shock:
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:33 am

Yeah, summoning 7 sounds like a very good reason to go hide under a desk... not that it would help.

Tavior

Post by Tavior » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 am

patton1942 wrote:I like how just two suul'ka did 'for funsies' and the horde faction can summon up to 7?! :shock:

You are correct there are 7 type of suul'ka to bring to bear. I don't believe it would be wise to summon all of them especially if they consume a large amount of slaves that you need yesterday! I am not certain if there are a limit one summon per game per player limit impose on a single player faction or NPC Horde Zuul faction. It would make sense for such limit to exist given Suul'ka Power during Morrigi fight with Suul'ka.

On an unrelate topic what is the plural form of Suul'ka? Is it Suul'kas or something different?

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:32 am

Oh, that's a very good thought. The inherent danger of summoning a Suul'ka could be maybe you get that one that just ups and decides to roll your empire? I like that idea. :twisted:
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Return to “The Lore”