SUUL'KA

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

SUUL'KA

Post by Erinys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:41 pm

The Suul’ka are a group of seven or more powerful Liir Elders who have gone rogue over the course of the last 320,000 years. In the distant past, each of them was the Eldest of Muur, the Liirian home world. While they held absolute power as the world's Voice, each of the Suul’ka in turn enslaved all other members of their race to pursue a single great scientific project: to build an armored suit which would enable the Great Elder to survive unaided in space.

To date the Suul’ka are the strongest Psionic beings known in the universe. They have mastered Telekinesis to such a degree that they can fold space with their minds, and use the folds as a method of Faster-than-Light transport. The first such leap for every Suul’ka has always been the jump from the waters of Muur into vacuum. Taking with them a perfect sphere of sea water, each Suul’ka began life as an immortal within a shell of saline ice. It is this moment of chilly rebirth, in which a Suul’ka shatters the icy cocoon and unleashes itself upon the universe (as well as the cold sociopathic “feel” of their titanic minds), which has given them collectively the name “Lords of Winter”.

Each of the seven known Suul’ka has a distinct personality. Although they share a common set of abilities, each of the seven has a particular aptitude based on the core personality. The Bloodweaver, creator of the Zuul race, is a highly gifted scientist; he is particularly adept at Biotechnology and tailored plagues, but he is also an expert Teacher, and causes the fewest fatalities while trying to "boost" the research projects of his Zuul pets. By contrast the Siren, destroyer of the Morrigi fleets, is the most powerful living coercer known. Other Suul'ka specialize in other abilities.

At present, the Suul’ka are allied with the Zuul Horde and can only enter the game if they are summoned by an Altar, the highest level of Tribute station. Once a Suul'ka is summoned, it becomes an active unit, and can be controlled by the Horde player in both strategic and tactical screens.
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

levi_Will

Re: SUUL'KA

Post by levi_Will » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Without the zuul, would they have returned on their own?

(Not sure if were supposed to post here, but its not locked, and I assume thats not a mistake :/)
Mecron wrote:wow levi...you are previewing AND being a sarcasm master at the same time. Double awesome :thumbsup:

Brogatar

Post by Brogatar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:35 pm

I believe yes due to the antiquarians scenario.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Hmm, the Suul'Ka might not come back if they didn't have something that gave them an edge, though; they were driven off by the Black once already and would probably not care for a repeat experience. Absent the Zuul, the timetable might well be very different, depending on what other proxies they might be able to find and convince/coerce into serving their ambitions.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Lord Baal

Post by Lord Baal » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Me want to know more.
Imagine your own funny quote here.

hargert

Post by hargert » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:29 pm

I am sure they would have returned no matter what. They were driven off after being caught off guard and many of them were killed. They have been waiting, healing, and hating.

blackstar

Post by blackstar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm sure the suul'ka are arrogant about their power but I don't think there stupid. They would not return unless they hade a sizable force with them, this is were the zuul come in. It has been said you can not win the game with just suul'ka. They should know they don't have the power to defeat EVERYONE without assistance.

Jabbawocky
Doomsayer

Post by Jabbawocky » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:39 am

Just a few questions that I've been thinking about:

Considering the Liir aversion to nodespace, I've been wondering how the Suul'ka feel about it? Specifically what do they think about the Zuul rip bores?

Also, who was the first Zuul to find the Suul'ka (the herald)? And which Suul'ka was it? was it a friendly meeting? And how did the Zuul convince the Suul'ka not to kill them on sight?

Thanks!

DaNuker

Post by DaNuker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:37 am

I wonder does the BloodWeaver grant research bonuses for being a great Teacher in addition to reducing the risk of researching overboosting. Can't wait to hear more of the other Suul'Ka. :)

Adamfostas

Post by Adamfostas » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:43 am

I wonder whether the 'at present' line in the final paragraph opens the possibility of factions from other races allying with the Suul'ka....

nighthaunt

Post by nighthaunt » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14 am

Adamfostas wrote:I wonder whether the 'at present' line in the final paragraph opens the possibility of factions from other races allying with the Suul'ka....

Depends if something even badder is making its way to our galaxy in time for SOTS ]![ - in which case - hell yeah were take any help we can get :twisted:
The collected forum saying of the Prophet - the Mecronomicon

Allattar wrote:The princes grow worried and the princesses stir with irritation. They feel you either lack gravitas or are just plain insane. Might we suggest you stop before they rebel?

Mr.Weasel

Post by Mr.Weasel » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 am

If Suul'Ka can be summoned from the highest level Tribute station... what can the lower level ones do?
And well we are all dying to know more about what the other Suul'Ka specialize in, but I doubt we will learn that with direct and concise knowledge anytime soon.
A wild weasel has appeared.

nighthaunt

Post by nighthaunt » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 am

Lower level tribute stations encourage pirates by supporting them and providing a base, and also act as somewhere lesser races can come and offer gifts to try and bribe the Zuul to look elsewhere.
The collected forum saying of the Prophet - the Mecronomicon

Allattar wrote:The princes grow worried and the princesses stir with irritation. They feel you either lack gravitas or are just plain insane. Might we suggest you stop before they rebel?

marshb

Post by marshb » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:44 am

Jabbawocky wrote:Just a few questions that I've been thinking about:

Considering the Liir aversion to nodespace, I've been wondering how the Suul'ka feel about it? Specifically what do they think about the Zuul rip bores?

Also, who was the first Zuul to find the Suul'ka (the herald)? And which Suul'ka was it? was it a friendly meeting? And how did the Zuul convince the Suul'ka not to kill them on sight?

Thanks!

Q1 Liir have no problems with node space or lines, just ripped ones. Suulka think ripped ones are just dandy.

Q2 dunno yet.
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Jabbawocky
Doomsayer

Post by Jabbawocky » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 pm

marshb wrote:Q1 Liir have no problems with node space or lines, just ripped ones. Suulka think ripped ones are just dandy.

Erinys wrote:Alan is correct. The Liir fought its way out of the ship and fled when the Nodepoint opened.

--Arinn

From http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=684&p=306486&hilit=liir+node#p306486.

They've got to have some problems with nodespace for them to attack their apparent allies to escape. Maybe the Liir in question had a bad case of Ick and just NEEDED to get treatment right at that moment. No connection at all, never... ;).
Last edited by Jabbawocky on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Lore”