SUUL'KA

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Cpt. Awesome

Re: SUUL'KA

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 pm

the202 wrote:I would presume space, as a planet's gravity would crush a Suul'ka. Theat's why they went Suul'ka in the first place

Different planets have different gravity...so it would be fair to assume that the elders on some worlds have more time before going "suul'ka" or dying than others.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Naja wrote:Are Bloodweaver's labs in space, or terra firma?

They can be in either environment, but the most impressive facilities are on planets. Many forms of life do not reproduce and grow normally in microgravity or fluctuating gravity.

How does he construct/manage them?

He is a massively powerful coercer and telekinetic who began his career by enslaving an entire sentient race and forcing them to build him a giant battlesuit.

With enough intimate focus, he can do the same to any sentient race, although in general he would tend to choose those below Tech Level 4, and with little psionic resistance.

On a scale of 1-10, how maddeningly frightening would it be to tour the interior?

Funny you should ask. :twisted:

Also, besides the Zuul, what are some other examples of abominations that Bloodweaver "created"?

Name any species which has taken an unexplained leap in psionic or intellectual complexity in the last couple hundred thousand years. Name any species which seems driven to wipe out an entire biosphere with its physical and psychological appetites, birth rate and cultural norms. Name any species which worships a celestial male deity which assures them that they are the Chosen and all others must serve them or die.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 am

So he created monotheistic religion and humans?

*duck*
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:57 am

Great storytelling, thanks!

fibio

Post by fibio » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:28 am

Not just that, but didn't the Tarka go on a genocidal crusade against psyonic talent? I wonder who encoraged them to do it?
Buy my book - Six Seconds of Moonlight on the kindle store.

Anyone can be a god beneath the moonlight, but who can be a hero?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Tarkas are more than willing to kill other Tarkas for far more trivial reasons than witchcraft. Not every genocide is the fault of a Suul'ka. Most species have the potential for Wintermind.

--Arinn

TheScamp

Post by TheScamp » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Name any species which has taken an unexplained leap in psionic or intellectual complexity in the last couple hundred thousand years. Name any species which seems driven to wipe out an entire biosphere with its physical and psychological appetites, birth rate and cultural norms. Name any species which worships a celestial male deity which assures them that they are the Chosen and all others must serve them or die.

This is absolutely fantastic. I will be happy for days.

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:04 am

Erinys wrote:Name any species which has taken an unexplained leap in psionic or intellectual complexity in the last couple hundred thousand years. Name any species which seems driven to wipe out an entire biosphere with its physical and psychological appetites, birth rate and cultural norms. Name any species which worships a celestial male deity which assures them that they are the Chosen and all others must serve them or die.

--Arinn

Geez! Between this and the one post a while back about how Suul'ka feeding would be hard to distinguish from a plague, perhaps even a Black Death, I want to hide under my desk. But it won't do any good...

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 am

Nope. He's sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake.

--Arinn

marshb

Post by marshb » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Erinys wrote:Nope. He's sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake.

--Arinn

Ha Ha, SATAN CLAUSE! :twisted:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

vaccum_pony

Post by vaccum_pony » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:18 am

Erinys wrote:
Naja wrote:
On a scale of 1-10, how maddeningly frightening would it be to tour the interior?

Funny you should ask. :twisted:

And that leads to The Pit. Naja should get another tag to go along with Doomsayer.
- - - -

Shed not a tear for humanity, go fetch my stars.

Vaccum Pony

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 am

Once a Doomsayer, always a Doomsayer. ;)

--Arinn

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:03 am

Even if the Doomsayer turns out to be Cassandra? Doom I say, dyo000000oooozerozero000oooom!

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 pm

You're only a Cassandra if you have something perfectly correct and no one listens. ;)

--Arinn

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 am

Yes, but the question is: can a Doomsayer become a Doomy Cassandra: i.e. predicting dyooooomz0rz and nobody listening, and then it happens?

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

Return to “The Lore”