Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: SUUL'KA

Post by Erinys » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:37 am

Nope, that was a one-time deal. ;)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

The Magus
Doomsayer

Post by The Magus » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:05 am

One question on the Suul'Ka, and I apologize if it's come up before and I missed it, but of the known 7, when did they come to be Suul'Ka? Was there a single era where 7 of the eldest enslaved the Liir species at the same time, or has this been a repeating story throughout their history?
The teacher cut in smoothly, "Yes, of course. SolForce never fails to remind us how necessary they are to our...'survival'. ... It amazes me that the human race ever managed to exist, before you lot came along."

Cai Rui smiled thinly. "What amazes me is how quickly the human race could cease to exist, if we were gone."

--The Deacon's Tale

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:23 am

Check your Pedia. It should list their ages, which are very widely spaced apart.

--Arinn

Blackswimmer

Post by Blackswimmer » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Question that has possibly been answered: Why does the Kraken hate the Cannibal?
Doubler wrote:More than Easter itself, I celebrate the week after Easter as the Week of Discounted Chocolate :P

Azrael Ultima wrote:The correct solution to hammers not being the appropriate tool to screw in a screw is not to develop screwing hammers.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:15 am

The Cannibal wants to eat him. He takes that more personally than most of the other Suul'ka do. He's very fond of his body.

--Arinn

Blackswimmer

Post by Blackswimmer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks Erinys.
Doubler wrote:More than Easter itself, I celebrate the week after Easter as the Week of Discounted Chocolate :P

Azrael Ultima wrote:The correct solution to hammers not being the appropriate tool to screw in a screw is not to develop screwing hammers.

Aedrion

Post by Aedrion » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 am

Erinys wrote:The Cannibal wants to eat him. He takes that more personally than most of the other Suul'ka do. He's very fond of his body.

--Arinn

Lol! I laughed so hard at this heheh. :lol:
Aaah, dat cannibal!

I can already seeThe Kraken being the only one who gets anger attacks about it.

The Siren: Always Empty tried biting me again the other day.
The Bloodweaver: He does that, it's getting quite annoying, my last creation vanished before completion, I think he's behind it.
The Hidden: Try not to let him get to you too much.
The Kraken: Grrmrmmbmbllbll! *Twitches and eyeflicks with barely contained rage* Blllaaaaaaarrggghh!! He'll not eat me! Me ANGRY!

He's like the barabarian of the team, they all know it's just a thing but he's the only one who gets really angry about it. :lol:

Oh, on that by the way! He's very good at draining life, does he 'taste' what he drains or does he need to eat it, with his mouth?

Admiral

Post by Admiral » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Question, Erinys, do you have the general Winter Wars timeline mapped out?

If so, who were the first factions to encounter each Suul'ka recently, and who fought each the most? (aside from the obvious Hidden/Humans)

How long does it take for them to be widely known to the leaders of each faction? Besides Horde, of course

Sorry if I'm prodding too much, I have an insatiable appetite for your lore :love:

Z32

Post by Z32 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 am

Going to go out on a limb here and say the Siren probably wasted no time becoming re-acquainted with her old friends The Travellers. And since several of the other Suul'ka have names coined specifically by other races, I'd hazard to guess the corresponding races probably have the most intimate encounters with them (the specifics are in the 'pedia if any are curious to verify).

Although I find it interesting that solforce, who's whole shpeel in prime was "we've got the keys to the backdoors of the universe and we'll hit you before you even see us coming" get targeted by a suul'ka that specializes in sneaking and seeing without being seen. By the same idea, I'd probably pair The Deaf against the liir, The Kraken against the Tarka, and the Eldest against the Hiver.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 am

Astute, Z32. Only one wrong guess. ;)

The youngest must defeat the Eldest.

--Arinn

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:19 am

Erinys wrote:Astute, Z32. Only one wrong guess. ;)

The youngest must defeat the Eldest.

--Arinn

... The Usurper is gunning for the Eldest first? Is this in some attempt to prove his superiority?

Z32

Post by Z32 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 am

I would've guessed the movement specialization of the Eldest would've made it a natural rival to the hiver. Well, that and the fact that an obsessively utilitarian race with a dozen words for suicide and a form of natural reincarnation seems like the best counterpart to an immortal space skeleton willing to sacrifice anything in order to live forever.

The Usurper certainly makes a great deal of sense in that position, though, and I like how the race that the posterboy Suul'ka terrorizes ends up being another zuul faction. That does leave the question of who's out to best the bugs? The Fat One?

I suppose I can picture him as an anteater, slurping ants right out from the hill, but that just brings to mind images of the Empire of the Ants and the chapter with the bird.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 am

:twisted:

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 am

But what makes the Hivers especially tasty to The Cannibal? Is it about the great variety within the Hiver Race? With many different sorts of Hiver Warriors and Workers, like a splendid buffet where he can just pick and choose what he likes today?
I think he just lost a level or two on my scale of awesome, and gained a couple on my scale of gross.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:53 am

It isn't that the Cannibal hunts THEM down, Tarrak.

They choose their battle. For the Morrigi and the Humans, the hunting of their chosen Suul'ka was a personal grudge, but the Cannibal is a dragon to be slain by a hero.

--Arinn

Return to “The Lore”