SUUL'KA

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Tarrak

Re: SUUL'KA

Post by Tarrak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:06 am

Ohhh... so each race picks their own target. That does make the most sense with the Usurper/Zuul vs The Eldest.

So the reason they are picking a fight with the secondmost disgusting Suul'ka is because he happened to find them to be very tasty? And I guess numerous. I still don't entirely see the connection between the two in relation to why not one of the others.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 am

Again, you keep insisting that the Cannibal has to choose the battle. He didn't. Nor is the matter personal. The Cannibal is an atrocious murdering butcher who must be eliminated for the good of all living things. A great warrior and general can ask for no greater achievement in eleven lifetimes than to be the one that ended such a beast.

The Cannibal did not choose the Hivers.

Chezokin chose the Cannibal.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 am

A book or it never happened! ;)
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Aedrion

Post by Aedrion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 am

Wow, amazing twist there! Each race having a personal grudge against a Suul'ka, some of it was clear but now it's just amazing to see each race try to defeat the Suul'ka they hate most. =D

And since the Hidden seems to have found a backdoor into the human colonies, does that mean Suul'ka can drill node lines? It might explain how the Zuul learned it.

I also wonder who or what can take the cannibal though. From what I've seen, he can life-drain entire fleets before they pierce his armour.
It'd take legions of fleets at that rate, and then hope he gets an indigestion and has to lie down.

I'm with Space Voyager

Space Voyager wrote:A book or it never happened! ;)

:D

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 am

Aedrion wrote:...
I also wonder who or what can take the cannibal though. From what I've seen, he can life-drain entire fleets before they pierce his armour.
It'd take legions of fleets at that rate, and then hope he gets an indigestion and has to lie down.

Well... If anyone can bring legions, I would wager its the HIvers...

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Aedrion wrote:Wow, amazing twist there! Each race having a personal grudge against a Suul'ka, some of it was clear but now it's just amazing to see each race try to defeat the Suul'ka they hate most. =D

It doesn't seem like it has to be a grudge. Sure, the Morrigi, Liir and Humans have rather personal reasons to go against them, but for the Tarka and Hivers it's just something that needs doing. Not sure where to put the Usurper.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

War1910

SUUL'KA

Post by War1910 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Aedrion wrote:Wow, amazing twist there! Each race having a personal grudge against a Suul'ka, some of it was clear but now it's just amazing to see each race try to defeat the Suul'ka they hate most. =D

And since the Hidden seems to have found a backdoor into the human colonies, does that mean Suul'ka can drill node lines? It might explain how the Zuul learned it.

I think they learned that from the Morrigi scientists. They were studying gravitational stuff, which a rend drive could be part of...
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure...

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:39 pm

That's even part of their backstory.

They didn't meet the Suul'ka in person until recently.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Aedrion wrote:I also wonder who or what can take the cannibal though. From what I've seen, he can life-drain entire fleets before they pierce his armour.

Don't forget a few psionic techs, and subsequent abilities in professor X modules, are meant specifically to protect your fleet from psi attacks. I doubt it would fully negate a Suul'ka, but it does give the hivers a fighting chance. And with a fighting chance, I would imagine one can be a hero...
Aedrion wrote:I'm with Space Voyager

Space Voyager wrote:A book or it never happened! ;)

:D

Ditto!

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Erinys wrote:Again, you keep insisting that the Cannibal has to choose the battle. He didn't. Nor is the matter personal. The Cannibal is an atrocious murdering butcher who must be eliminated for the good of all living things. A great warrior and general can ask for no greater achievement in eleven lifetimes than to be the one that ended such a beast.

--Arinn

Alright alright. :oops:
I didn't mean to imply that he instigated the conflict, merely that he might have happened to anger the Hivers more than the other races.
Since Chezokin appears to still live we are to assume he was reincarnated? Impressive. Fourth (apparently there are nothing after once-twice-thrice) Born is it now? :D
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Nope, just thrice. So far as anyone knows, of course. ;)

--Arinn

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm still waiting for him to be reborn as a princess that becomes queen.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:28 pm

"Princess Humble" has an amusing ring to it, but I don't believe Chezokin would make a good female.

--Arinn

Sevain

Post by Sevain » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 am

Erinys wrote:Again, you keep insisting that the Cannibal has to choose the battle. He didn't. Nor is the matter personal. The Cannibal is an atrocious murdering butcher who must be eliminated for the good of all living things. A great warrior and general can ask for no greater achievement in eleven lifetimes than to be the one that ended such a beast.

--Arinn
Interesting how the chosen Suul'ka of each race in some way mirrors them. For Hivers cannibalism is an act of love, so the Cannibal makes sense as their favored enemy.

Who does the Usurper belong to? Perhaps the next race? If so, what does he reflect in them?

War1910

Post by War1910 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am

Sevain wrote:Interesting how the chosen Suul'ka of each race in some way mirrors them. For Hivers cannibalism is an act of love, so the Cannibal makes sense as their favored enemy.

Who does the Usurper belong to? Perhaps the next race? If so, what does he reflect in them?

The Wronged? the Abandoned or Forgotten?

(sounds a little like the Harpies...)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure...

Return to “The Lore”