Homeworld Ecologies

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Tarrak

Re: Homeworld Ecologies

Post by Tarrak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 pm

That Schmuck wrote:Hey!

Are you honestly saying you don't eat thoughts and leave people empty shells?
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:53 pm

:lol:

-Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Tarrak wrote:

Are you honestly saying you don't eat thoughts and leave people empty shells?

Nah, that's more the style of those jerks from Long Island that trash up the shore.

Pickly

Post by Pickly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:51 am

They would also have to have some original source of energy for all the animals, so I imagine some sort of kudzu on steroids, and lots of slimy algae type stuff (And any other fast growing photosynthesizers you care to imagine) , also exists on Zuul worlds. (Whatever can outgrow or fend off the little zuul or whatever else survives.) Maybe that's part of the pink stuff seem in version 1.

Carl

Post by Carl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:43 pm

@Itharus, Formid, and Alghanar: Since you 3 seem to have a fair understanding on the details of insect biology would you have any issues with me PM'ing you some questions. Been doing some world building of my own on and off for a while but have some serious gaps in my knowledge.

@Erinys: Don't worry i won't take over the thread, I''ll keep it to PmM if their ok with it, I just don't want to be rude and PM them off the bat ;).

Itharus

Post by Itharus » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 am

I don't get offended from messages unless the body of the message is offensive ;)

It's finals week and the holidays are coming up really fast though, so my replies may be a bit delayed. I'll try to help where I can, but some wikipedia browsing would probably be just as effective, lol.

If you are interested in insects but don't know quite where to start, I cannot recommend this book highly enough: http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Entomol ... 0671746952

It's a very introductory book that provides some basic knowledge of the field and can help you get started as a hobby-entomologist :D I've had a copy since I was a boy and I still look at it from time to time some 15+ years later :)
Go Hiver or go home!

Carl

Post by Carl » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Cheers :). Don;t worry about taking a while, no rush and it will probably be new year at earliest before i get anything written my end for you :).

Main reason i wanted to ask you guys is i really didn't realise how little i knew about insect biology until you 3 started talking. I new about the size limit, but this stuff about no circulatory system, distributed brains, spiricale limitations, e.t.c was all new and raised some, shall we say interesting, conundrums.

Return to “The Lore”