Moderator: Erinys

Will the Great

Re: Liir Phenotypes

Post by Will the Great » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:06 am

Filter-feeding via telekinesis? Heh.

Formid

Post by Formid » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 am

Actually, that may be the best solution.

I really hope that's not true about the Liir being able to manipulate things on the molecular level with their telekinesis. That's just going way too far for my tastes, and makes it difficult for me to see why they aren't the most powerful and advanced species in the universe.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Exactly how are they not? Did you miss the Suul'ka revelation?

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Formid

Post by Formid » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Ok, BESIDES the Suul'ka.

Master

Post by Master » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:41 pm

That starts to sound like a "no true Scotsman" ;).
I think it has been suggested somewhere, sometime that the psycic cellular stuff is mostly subconscious. Like your heartbeat. Don't quote me on that though.
Also, the Liir are the advanced race of SotS. In game this is visible as the best research rate, but I suspect that in cannon the Liir have a significant tech advantage over the other races. You have to remember though that the Liir aren't really interested in conquest or advancement or technology. They were perfectly happy on their homeworld while there wasn't a Suul'ka around, and the only reason they decided to get to space was because they found out what they unleashed on the universe. Their first option was racial suicide, but they figured that they had to clean their mess first. When they did decide they were going to space, they managed to accomplish that in only 150 years (this was as the slaves of a wannabe Suul'ka though).
The only reason the Liir aren't the most advanced and powerfull race is because those others had a head start.
"The next best thing to have after a reliable ally is a predictable enemy"

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:41 am

Technically if you count the Suul'Ka, every other race has had a head start. ;)

And even if you don't, both the Zuul and the Humans are more recent into space outside their home system than the non-Suul'Ka Liir are.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Querente

Post by Querente » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 am

1) Yes, Great Elders and Suulka can manipulate molecules through their minds.
2) That doesnt mean young Liir has that ability, but as they grow older, their power and finesse of psychic abilities increases.

Good example is the Eldest of the Elders, "The Immortal" who is more skeleton then flesh and does most if not all needed processes through his psionic prowess, rather then biochemical processes.

As biomass and quality of biomass seem to have a direct relation to the power of your psionic abilities (i.e. less biomass due to cybernetics will weaken or even kill your psionic abilities off), I wonder if it is no coincidence that the lifeforms with the most biomass (Liir Great Elders - Suulka) are also the strongest in psionic potential.

Return to “The Lore”