Specters

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

ytman

Re: Specters

Post by ytman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:59 am

Yeah... I'm a Human and just got spooked without warning. The only other enemy near is a morrigi.

Tssha

Post by Tssha » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:01 am

Actually, it's the Zuul you should blame. The Spectres didn't even show up until Born of Blood. ;)

You know how the Zuul can feel the pain of node space when they travel through it? It's...actually kinda soothing for them. And there's entities in Node Space that don't like what the Zuul have done with the place. So they strike back.

Only...it's a little hard for them to get their bearings in our universe. Kinda like it's hard for Humans to get a bearing on anything in node space. Also, they're not really clear on the distinction between all the little squishy sentient lifeforms in the galaxy. I mean, you might as well try to read the face of a Spectre. ;)

Spectres are also the things that attack fleets that fight in Node Space. They do not like folks tearing up the place. Even if it's just two human fleets fighting.

Human Node Travel is safe, economical and environmentally friendly. Zuul tear through Node Space like a bulldozer through a concrete wall. Only the wall can heal...which is why the Zuul occasionally need to retunnel...and why they develop boring tech that keeps Node Lines open longer...like big, festering sores...painful sores.

...my only advice is to Kill the Zuul quickly. Then they might go away. ;)
"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." -Terry Pratchett

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:50 am

The universe has healed itself, lord. Shall we wound it again? :twisted:

Rage-Overkill

Post by Rage-Overkill » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:52 am

I was playing SOL Force and I got my world attacked by around 15 specter's they ate my ships all 10 of them and then the world they were trying to protect. Despite my levles in advanced tech and beam weapons only one small specter died the others seemed to be completely unharmed by anything I threw at them (mostly beam weapons and missles) I remember these beasties in SOTS1 and at least I stood a chance against them there in SOTSII they are like a bad hair day nothing you can seem to do about it and nothing you can do with it.
I am the ghost in your machine

Galacticus

Post by Galacticus » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:25 pm

The universe has healed itself, lord. Shall we wound it again?

Totally my favorite Zuul phrase. Did it make it into Sots2?
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

twentypence

Post by twentypence » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:05 am

Tssha wrote:You know how the Zuul can feel the pain of node space when they travel through it? It's...actually kinda soothing for them. And there's entities in Node Space that don't like what the Zuul have done with the place. So they strike back.

Only...it's a little hard for them to get their bearings in our universe. Kinda like it's hard for Humans to get a bearing on anything in node space. Also, they're not really clear on the distinction between all the little squishy sentient lifeforms in the galaxy. I mean, you might as well try to read the face of a Spectre. ;)

Because of the below quote I've always viewed the spectres like the universe's blood cells, just out to mindlessly kill off infection:

Naja wrote:The universe has healed itself, lord. Shall we wound it again? :twisted:

Return to “The Lore”