Immersion Skins: Who do they represent?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Urdaniel

Immersion Skins: Who do they represent?

Post by Urdaniel » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:40 am

Apologies if this has been discussed/answered elsewhere (a search for "Immersion" doesn't bring up many answers, but I could just suck at search queries; furthermore, I have no interest in nor energy for trawling the Paradox forums for info) or if I'm not allowed to ask (in which case please say so and I'll just wait until the answers emerge in due time), but I've been wondering what the various Immersion ship skins correspond to. The Pedia is working erratically for me at the moment, so again, my apologies if it's in there somewhere and I just missed it. (Note that, having bought mine from Steam, I currently only have the Hiver/Tarkas pack.)

Fairly Certain:
1) Morrigi - the general consensus on the forums is that the Immersion skin is representative of the Harpies. Is this so? By the way, really like the sub-faction although the skin itself it a tad too bright for my tastes.

Beyond this, it breaks down. I cannot find any reference beyond a few offhand comments. My own personal take follows (i.e. wild unsupported speculation):

2) Hiver - Obsidian Crown, due to the general darkness of the default color scheme. My hands-down favorite of the alternate skins - mainly due to the way the empire colors affect the "wings."

3) Tarkas (Or is it Tarka? I can never figure out which) - Silver Empire. This is a truly wild guess on my part, since it's really predominantly bronze or gold. My next-favorite alternate skin, due to the scale-like appearance.

4) Liir/Zuul Alliance - The Black Swimmers, Again due to the general darkness of the default color scheme, although isn't the entire fleet Black Swimmers already? From what I've seen of the screenshots, I'd prefer this skin to the default Liir skin, if only because the empire colors are likely to be less pastel.

5) Suul'ka Horde - The Lich King. I'm basing this guess on the bone-white bent of the default color scheme. Despite the fact that I don't play this faction - too fiddly and I dislike their philosophy - the skin is flat-out awesome. I was underwhelmed by the screenshots on the official site, but in-game, wow. Actually, I really like the in-game textures on both sets of Horde ships. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Play!

And the last one, I haven't the foggiest idea:
6) SolForce - To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the non-Immersion skin and the Immersion skin. The one screenshot on the game's official site is not much use.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided. And many thanks to the folks at Kerberos for their hard work.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Immersion Skins: Who do they represent?

Post by Erinys » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:46 am

Morrigi - The Harpies

Hivers - Obsidian Fleet

Tarka - The Tataoru

Liir - Dark Tide Faction

Zuul - The Pure

Human - The Freeholders- Independent Factions

-Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Urdaniel

Post by Urdaniel » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:57 am

Much obliged, Erinys. :D

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 am

Least I can do. ;)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Scynix

Post by Scynix » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:53 am

Urdaniel:
Could you post a shot of the Morrigi Immersion ship with Purple as the player color and white as the off set?
I'm really curious to see what it looks like.

Unfortunately as of present I still only have the Hiver and Taarka. Hiver looks incredible. I think the Tarka like scales too much :P
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ~ Winston Churchill

arglabarg

Post by arglabarg » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:05 am

Urdaniel wrote:1) Morrigi - the general consensus on the forums is that the Immersion skin is representative of the Harpies. Is this so? By the way, really like the sub-faction although the skin itself it a tad too bright for my tastes.

To me it looks like the paintings that a hair metal band would have their buddy paint on their van, like flames and stuff. To my mind, the big orange flames on the Harpy ships just indicate that the Harpies have a kickin' rad hair(feather?) metal band! They already have the name, and they have the coolest vans. Now we know what they were doing with all their time out there in the darkness of space -- learning to ROCK!

Urdaniel

Post by Urdaniel » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:48 am

Sorry Scynix - got my copy from Steam, so I only have the same DLC as you (at least until Steam gets around to unlocking the other packs, at which point your request becomes moot, unfortunately). :(

tir-gwaith

Post by tir-gwaith » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Scynix wrote:Urdaniel:
Could you post a shot of the Morrigi Immersion ship with Purple as the player color and white as the off set?

Attached is a quick capture in weapon test mode of the default Armor Morrigi Immersion w/ your colors. Glad I got that to work. :)

Scynix

Post by Scynix » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:42 am

tir-gwaith wrote:
Scynix wrote:Urdaniel:

Attached is a quick capture in weapon test mode of the default Armor Morrigi Immersion w/ your colors. Glad I got that to work. :)

Cool, they look great.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. ^_^
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ~ Winston Churchill

blackstar

Post by blackstar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:27 am

Erinys wrote:Morrigi - The Harpies

Hivers - Obsidian Fleet

Tarka - The Tataoru

Liir - Dark Tide Faction

Zuul - The Pure

Human - The Freeholders- Independent Factions

-Arinn

Hm, I know about the harpies and the freeholders but I wonder what the other factions are. Very interested in the pure :D

Brogatar

Post by Brogatar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Where are the freeholders mentioned.

Thamuzz

Post by Thamuzz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 pm

In a similar vein, who are the Tataoru. A quick forum search shows that that's the only reference to them we've got.

Kaan'Ish

Post by Kaan'Ish » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Brogatar wrote:Where are the freeholders mentioned.

The Humans v Humans scenario from the original game briefly sets up the situation (more distant colonies declaring independance from the Terran military beaurocracy). They've also been brought up in numerous threads here; the 2 human overview ones in the SotS1: Races forums, and this one here should have it somewhere.

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Would like to second questions about who the Tataoru, Dark Tide, and Pure are. Haven't heard of them before, though I know 'The Pure' is one of the default Zuul names.

Inspector

Post by Inspector » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 am

Brogatar wrote:Where are the freeholders mentioned.

I'm also curious. The idea of playing as a human faction other than solforce intrigues me.

Return to “The Lore”