Immersion Skins: Who do they represent?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Tarrak

Re: Immersion Skins: Who do they represent?

Post by Tarrak » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:26 am

The look more implies the naturekeepers. Those that manage the big old reservations/parks.

A more outlandish option would be a long lost splinter of the Silver Imperium, recently rejoined.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:51 am

Tatao in Tarka means silver, and specifically connotes the Silver Kona clan. They are not members of of the Silver Imperium, but they do argue that the Silver Imperium was the height of Tarka civilization, and that the Silver Kona are the legitimate rulers of the empire.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

blackstar

Post by blackstar » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Erinys wrote:Tatao in Tarka means silver, and specifically connotes the Silver Kona clan. They are not members of of the Silver Imperium, but they do argue that the Silver Imperium was the height of Tarka civilization, and that the Silver Kona are the legitimate rulers of the empire.

--Arinn

ok, so like a group that considers the current rulers illegitimate. thank you for the clear up

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Heh, noticed that the Hivers have allied with the Elcor. :P

Seriously though, he is a welcome addition since the Warrior caste is relatively lacking as opposed to Workers and Princes. Now we only need a few Princessess.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Erinys wrote:Not sure whether most people will notice it, but the Prester Zuul are also much more dominant in the Immersion pack for the Liir.

--Arinn

It took quite a while for me to identify them as I listened for the growling almost rumbling Zuul voices. Then it struck me that the most serene and HAL 9000 like voice was actually a Prester Zuul. He talks about himself as 'I', which the Liir don't seem to do, and his voice is singular while the Liir is a chorus of voices. Subtle... very subtle work there. 8)

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Glad you heard him, Tarrak. Prester Zuul are immersed in Liir culture, so their voices are pitched to calm, rather than intimidate. But they retain their identity as Zuul, and can come and go from the Choir as they please; they are born and raised as individuals. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:21 pm

"I can't allow them to take my individuality Dave."

-The Deacon: For the Suulka are false gods.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:34 pm

You know, I was checking this again as I was about to play the Tarkas in a single player game(the pro of working an evenning shift: having a lot of free time in the mornings. The cons of working an evening shift: working an evening shift and returning home to the pitch black sky).

Then I noted that one of the Tarkas avathars was a rather arrogant-looking male, with his scowl and glare, without mentionning high collared suit. Then I noted the silvery color of his scales and suddenly I couldn't help but wonder, but is he related to the Tataoru?

The mix of arrogant posturing from the avathar, with the Tataoru's claims that the Silver Kona is the rightful ruler of the Tarka seems like it would fit very nicely.

arglabarg

Post by arglabarg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:34 am

I always thought the Morrigi immersion skin looked more proper for Morrigi in general. They seem like the kind of people who would paint their ships bright colors and lavish a lot of attention on them in general. Dark purple metal always seemed like a kind of weird choice for them. I prefer the immersion skins.

Return to “The Lore”