The Deacon's Tale

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Kunosoura

Re: The Deacon's Tale

Post by Kunosoura » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Wow! A signed copy just arrived via the mail. Thank you, Arinn. May there be more books like this to be written and be read :D

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:04 pm

You are welcome, Kunosoura. Glad to hear it arrived safely. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Thor131

Post by Thor131 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 pm

Got my book today from amazon its to be wraped as my x-mas present to myself :love:

long_fella

Post by long_fella » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:07 am

Amazon originally gave me an arrival date of the 9th January. It's now come forward to the 9th December which is good news :-).

EDIT: It arrived this morning, so a further seven days earlier than expected.

Blackwarder

Post by Blackwarder » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Erin, any numbers on how many books sold yet? have we reached the required number of books to gt another one?

Warder

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Blackwarder wrote:Erin, any numbers on how many books sold yet? have we reached the required number of books to gt another one?

Warder

Not yet, I'm afraid, and there is quite a ways to go. On the other hand, if anyone wants to help get the next novel in the works, there are lots of easy things you can do to help. Recommend it to friends, write to your local library system and ask them to order a copy, post a reader review to someplace like Amazon.com, Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, etc.--essentially, any of the places you order books. Lots of people look at those reviews, including book store owners and libraries, so the more reviews that a book has, the better.

For the record, you can do these same things for any author whose works you enjoy, and it really will help. :) Your opinion counts, as well as your purchasing dollars.

--Arinn

Ruathan

Post by Ruathan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Well I did my part suggesting the book to my family.

My mother wants to know when the next one is coming out :lol:

Shadow
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Shadow » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Well got my copy today, will give it a read and then post my thoughts on it where I can. ;)
Dennis J. Greene
aka
Shadow
SFCShadow (on Paradox Forum)

Itharus

Post by Itharus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:32 pm

I'll give putting a review on Amazon.com a shot for ya - but it will be a couple of weeks... finals are going on right now :|
Go Hiver or go home!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks very much, guys. :) Every little bit helps.

--Arinn

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:01 am

I just got my hard copy in the mail today. :D !yay The book is on larger paper than I expected (since I didn't pay attention to the 9 x 6 size info, I though it would be the Mass Market Paperback size of 6.8 x 4.2). I also clicked the link to request a e-book version on B&N.com so I can get it for the nook. I'd like it right next to the Scalzi, Haldeman and Grimms' Fairy Tales. :thumbsup:

I can hardly wait to read it again, especially the appendices, but it's getting wrapped and put under the tree tonight. :)
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

twentypence

Post by twentypence » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:16 pm

After a 5 week wait my hard copy has finally arrived in the UK, and like Nspace I was surprised at the size compared to the original.

It does look gorgeous and will make a very good christmas read while at the in-laws. :D

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:01 am

A review of the novel from a Catholic perspective.

For the record, I am quite pleased with the review, for two reasons: one, because she is the first non-Sots player to review this edition of the novel, and two, because the book passes inspection--I'm not a Catholic! :D

--Arinn

marshb

Post by marshb » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Erinys wrote:A review of the novel from a Catholic perspective.

For the record, I am quite pleased with the review, for two reasons: one, because she is the first non-Sots player to review this edition of the novel, and two, because the book passes inspection--I'm not a Catholic! :D

--Arinn

That was very cool! Congrats again! :thumbsup:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Gryfalcon

Post by Gryfalcon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:03 pm

I suggested to my library that they acquire a copy of The Deacon's Tale and their response was that it hasn't been cataloged anywhere, specifically:

Thanks for your suggestion and for your interest in the collection. Unfortunately, we’re going to have to postpone consideration of your suggestion because there is no library (or at least no fellow subscriber to the international cataloguing database provider we use) that yet has a copy of this title in its collection.

Since our technical-services staff aren’t set up to perform original cataloguing, we're obliged to depend on other, larger, libraries to provide it for us to copy and use -- and at this moment, it simply isn't available. We shall, however, check the database periodically to see if cataloguing does appear for this item and, if a decision is taken to acquire it, notify you in that event.

Is there anything I can do about this, or just wait and hope it does show up in a catalog somewhere?
Summer grasses:
all that remain of great soldiers’
imperial dreams - Basho

Return to “The Lore”