The Deacon's Tale

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

TheOldFarmer

Re: The Deacon's Tale

Post by TheOldFarmer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Erinys wrote:You're welcome Bluepants, and thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the novel, and I hope you enjoy the next one. :)

--Arinn

Next one?

What is the time frame we are looking at for this? I really enjoyed your last one as it really gives some flesh to the whole sots 'verse. It fits well with the next step of playing SOTS II.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:24 am

Just wanted to add a little note to say that Kthonia Press has dropped the price of the e-book to $2.99, in anticipation of the release of my next book, which is a short story collection. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

ggbowman

Post by ggbowman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:01 am

Just picked up The Deacon's Tale, and enjoyed it a great deal. Thank you Arinn :)

Sequel? :P
"I would really love the concept of "getting to it" to be seen as a universal message to many issues like this :)" - Mecron, Apr 02

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 am

Later this year. ;)

ggbowman

Post by ggbowman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:29 pm

yay! :D
"I would really love the concept of "getting to it" to be seen as a universal message to many issues like this :)" - Mecron, Apr 02

Itharus

Post by Itharus » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Great news :)
Go Hiver or go home!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Two reviews of "The Deacon's Tale" currently available on-line, both by female reviewers:

Happy Catholic reviewed the book from a Catholic SF fan's perspective. Since I am not a Catholic myself, I was actually quite interested to know whether Catholic readers would have difficulty connecting with the book or with my fictional "New Roman" Church, but it turns out that was not a big problem. I thought she was very fair.

Booksnoberry is a multi-genre reviewer and mother of four who covers a lot of books--she gave The Deacon's Tale a glowing review and really seemed to enjoy the appendices, which was nice to hear from a non-Sots-player.

Just an update. I will definitely make an announcement when the next book is closer to press, probably in a few months.

--Arinn

marshb

Post by marshb » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Erinys wrote:
Just an update. I will definitely make an announcement when the next book is closer to press, probably in a few months.

--Arinn

Can't catch breath! :insane: :awesome:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 am

Another review of The Deacon's Tale, this one on SF Site.

--Arinn

TheOldFarmer

Post by TheOldFarmer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:40 pm

I finished your Monsoon collection - quite entertaining, and if every little bit helps to encourage you to continue with the Deacon's tale so much the better.

Keep up the good work!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Many thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the collection. :)

--Arinn

Genth

Post by Genth » Wed May 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Erinys, I'm reading the book now, and really enjoying it. I have a bit of a sci-fi universe in my mind, and have been wanting to write stories in it for ages. I was wondering, if it wasn't rude to ask, if you could tell me how do you write in a universe so big? I have this idea of eventually getting to something a little similar to Steven Erikson's Malazan series - an epic history, with many smaller plotlines from many characters, it's a format I really like, but it has the same problem. Do you ignore the grand sweep of history in writing about the plotline for one set of characters, or do you keep it in mind always, do you know what is happening everywhere else in your universe when you're writing about one event in particular?

Oh, and again - Awesome book. Always like fiction that makes me get the sense of the big world, and the SOTSverse hits that nail on the head!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed May 30, 2012 7:40 pm

I don't think there is any one way to answer your question, Genth, as there are many ways to write about a big universe. In general, yes--I always know what is going on in the larger universe, even though the characters do not. Writing from a limited viewpoint is a matter of discipline; you can't let characters have information just because the author does, or even because the audience does.

In any case, many thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the book. :)

--Arinn

Heart of Storm

Post by Heart of Storm » Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 pm

gaping_maw wrote:Kindle don't seem to like selling to those of us outside the USA.

Just as a quick update on this, I just picked this up on the Kindle from amazon.co.uk with no problem, so perhaps not so hard anymore for non-americans to get the book?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed May 30, 2012 11:49 pm

The book is available at all Amazon outlets, and people have bought it without difficulty from Amazon.com, Amazon.uk and Amazon.de. You can also get it in the Apple store, Barnes and Noble etc..

--Arinn

Return to “The Lore”