Hivers and gates.

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Ryoku

Hivers and gates.

Post by Ryoku » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Quick question, but in SOTS 1 it was stated once that Hiver gates draw power from the gravity well of the star they are deployed around, rather then the size of the gate that is sitting in said well. My question is, how do stations and the new amplifiers work when it's been stated in the last game that bigger doesn't equal more power?

wingren013
Cassandra

Re: Hivers and gates.

Post by wingren013 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:03 am

it makes the whole gate system more efficent using the arcane power of inverse tachyon technobabble reactors

also energy is mass (just mass with no volume)
The SOTS2 players guide: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43082&p=482769#p482769
Ultimate Enemy Mod: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 01#p499101
(I like line spacing, parentheses, and inter-sentence punctuation; deal with it)

Profound_Darkness

Re: Hivers and gates.

Post by Profound_Darkness » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:08 am

If I recall right gate amplifier tech boosted the capacity of the entire network empire wide, not just cruiser class gates. It was/is a tech that Hivers could fit into a ship... in place... but with all the other ship systems needed to run just the one amplifier.

Cruiser class gate ships seemed like an incidental with the cross roads of a new power generation tech, new size of functional ship and this bit of power focusing amplifier tech.

So now in sots 2 where the gate ship becomes the core that a whole entire massive station (some of these seem to end up larger than an LV) or orbital complex is created where you can fit a whole bunch of those amplifier modules...
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

Return to “The Lore”