Suulka Horde Stations

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

tir-gwaith

Suulka Horde Stations

Post by tir-gwaith » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Ok, mostly I've been playing around with stations and modules in my, I guess, experimenting since I can't call this playing yet. Couple things baffle me as I'm trying to find links between Lore/Feel of factions and the way they play. (I'm and RPGer at heart, so that's my angle into this, in case anyone thinks I'm batty).

A) Suulka Horde have "Slave Stations" instead of "Civilian Stations". At this point, lots of the tool-tips are references (All caps, so it is showing the reference, since the info that should go there isn't filled out yet). Is there any difference in gameplay on these stations? Tribute Stations and Gate stations are listed in the manual, but not slave stations. So far from my experimenting, Slave stations have the exact same module requirements and maximums as Civ stations... So a Slave Waystation can't keep Slaves alive very long, as there isn't any habitats, unless for some reason a warehouse is where the slaves are stored in those small bases... Just "feels" wrong.

B) Tribute stations are very different from Diplomacy stations. I like that. But they seem to be more related to Slave trade (even so far as one level is called a Slave Block), than the Slave stations (which all have "civilian station" names).

C) How does a Slave station work with the economy of slaving vs. Tribute stations. Since I have yet to get slave raiding to work, are both sources of slaves for the Horde?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Suulka Horde Stations

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Sounds like there has been some confusion with the tool tips. A Zuul Civilian Station is called a "breeding station", typically. I don't think you want to role-play what goes on there, really, but the Zuul use these stations to exchange valuable resources: meat, minions, wives that sort of thing.

Tribute stations are designed to foster the slave trade and generate terror in surrounding populations. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

tir-gwaith

Post by tir-gwaith » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Breeding Station sounds a lot better than Slave Station. Doesn't match the current game Icon and name, and such.... That puts Tribute stations in the fore-front of the Slave trade, which makes sense. Along with the upper Breeding stations needing Alien *cough* Slave habitats, to keep the larger populations of those alive as coterie move their property around. I'm now seeing it as more like paying to have luggage moved, and as more live in space, they'll need their personal slaves kept alive in space as well, as opposed to the slavers selling/transporting new slaves using the Tribute stations.

Thanks, oh great Goddess of Lore. :)

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Lol...no problem.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Return to “The Lore”