Can haz new Book?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

marshb

Re: Can haz new Book?

Post by marshb » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Erinys wrote:I think there will be at least one SotS novel in 2012. Unfortunately the audience for them is rather small, and I'll have to devote more of my writing time to other jobs in order to make ends meet. :)

--Arinn

I find that rather sad. I thought The Deacons Tale was selling well? (Hurrys to place order for paperback edition to go along with Kindle edition :)).
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 pm

marshb wrote:I find that rather sad.

*shrug* There are a lot of factors involved, and as with any market test you cannot take the result too personally. The money and effort were not wasted; people had been asking for the novel for many years and I kept my promise to get it into their hands. And of course, the up side is that the book will continue to be available in print and electronic formats for many years, so there will never again be a problem of people wanting it and being unable to get a copy. And I can write and publish another Sots novel through Kthonia whenever I want. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

marshb

Post by marshb » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:31 am

I'll just keep plugging it (the book) and look forward to the next! :D
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Azazel

Post by Azazel » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

how can i get the books i cant find them 0.oImage

Malorn

Post by Malorn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:31 am

Kindle has them, and sadly it's 'book' not 'books'. :?

I'm sorry that the book didn't sell as well as hoped; it's a pity. The writing and universe is very fresh as far as modern scifi goes, most everything else I see is obsessed with *OMGLAZORS* or *GRIMDARKDOOM*, or both.

Korgan

Post by Korgan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:16 pm

Will this new one be a digital format book only or will this one be getting a paperback as well? I only ask because I assume costs involved with publishing are significantly less if done as an ebook only?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:28 pm

All books will always be released in both formats.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

GantradiseDracos

Post by GantradiseDracos » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm

*switches into character*
*AHEM* as War-master of Clan Draycos, and President of the Multiversal Dragon-Anti-defermation-leauge, i er...5ith the requests for a Morrigi MC!
i, for one, greatly approve of Tokahata's Works, (and Would congratulate him on that myself, by i am experiencing..difficulty's rifting. the last time i attempted..i..arrived in horde-controlled space.*shudders* THANK YOU, human designed anti-psionic implants! i can still hear the voices...)
*snaps back to reality* oh, yes. morrigi Characters in books good! *nodnodds* anyhow, i have to go. the village has spontaneously declared Dragon Appreciation day, with no relation whatsoever to me bailing them out after a failed harvest, and i can hear the children calling my name. Toodles!
Gantradies Valanderous Dracos
P.S: Human-boy! you, at the keyboard! with the head full of dragons! 1:04 AM. YOU.GO.SLEEP.NOW!
P.P.S i love the work you put into this series's lore. keep up the good work.
*switches out of character*
yeah, what the crazy Dragon-Construct said.
Fleet Intelligence: The subject did not survive the interrogation.
Me, aged 9, still in shock over you know what: GOOD!
My forum name is a grammer flubb. it should read Gantradies Dracos.
ME: ok, ive been listening to you guys for the last 3 minutes. question: what is the difference between a stack overflow and underflow,anyway? Adam: *beat*ok.Imagine you have a cat. If you were to feed the cat so much food that it explodes, that's a stack overflow. A stack underflow is where you try to take food out of the cat, and keep taking food out, until you take the cat out of itself.

chris0101

Post by chris0101 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Mecron wrote:yes its almost like they are the newest race or something :P

Until the next expansion, they still are.
"Never trust a traitor, not even one you create."
- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Malorn

Post by Malorn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Unholy Necromancy, Batman. I want a book as much as the next guy, but this an old thread. Buuut, since I didn't do it . . .

Hey Erinys, Can haz new book? ;)

EnigmaticDoctor

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:12 am

We will make thread new again! And we will hope for a book in 2013.
:mg: :pit: :sots1: :bob: :amoc: :any: :wave:

Return to “The Lore”