Hiver entertainment?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Zoladex

Hiver entertainment?

Post by Zoladex » Mon May 28, 2012 12:52 am

Not a too serious topic, but: hivers are sloooooooooooow lol. Just wonder what u do during trips.

For a quick expansion i gate everything before surveying. In the mean time, i assume hivers are meant to get their civ and science station teched up?

As for tech was thinking the logical thing is to rush better drives, such as casters.

pyccos

Re: Hiver entertainment?

Post by pyccos » Mon May 28, 2012 12:55 am

Zoladex wrote:Not a too serious topic, but: hivers are sloooooooooooow lol. Just wonder what u do during trips.

For a quick expansion i gate everything before surveying. In the mean time, i assume hivers are meant to get their civ and science station teched up?

As for tech was thinking the logical thing is to rush better drives, such as casters.

IMO the most effective opening is to first get bio,trade. after that whatever floats your boat

Zoladex

Post by Zoladex » Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 am

Noticed a little something. I was under the impression that hiver use sub light travel, why then can u not cancel their mission mid way? They seem determined to go sight seeing lol.

ForceUser

Post by ForceUser » Mon May 28, 2012 9:14 am

Zoladex wrote:Noticed a little something. I was under the impression that hiver use sub light travel, why then can u not cancel their mission mid way? They seem determined to go sight seeing lol.

My first guess would be that its a small quirk in the mission system that still needs to be ironed out.
Perspective Man: Much like common sense, it's so rare it's a gorram superpower.
Agent.nihilist wrote:Ooo! Whats the gesture for ramming!?
Korgan wrote:probably a pelvic thrust
Mecron wrote:oy that is wrong at so many levels...well done! :P

sob

Post by sob » Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 am

I canceled a human sub light mission. I sent them to plant with no Node line and off they went. Canceled the mission after 3 turns.

I keep forgetting it is a 4 dimensional map.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Zoladex

Post by Zoladex » Mon May 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Sad, 95% chance of getting VRF systems as hivers and i get 1% feasibility. lol.

Prob a good point to mention the research quirk. When u research something and it fails, the image goes away, but after a few turns it comes back ready to feasibility study again. Is this intended? I assumed not, as the % changes each time but seems to fail regardless. Last game i researched laser PD to over 1000% using this quirk. (see attached) Also it adds a lot of bloom to the red xD.

Möbius

Post by Möbius » Mon May 28, 2012 6:23 pm

I think this behaviour is for techs, where you can open up another research-path, like neutronium rounds (research acceleration amplification, study neutronium rounds negativ, research shield breakers, research neutronium rounds, fail, wait a bit, study neutronium rounds again (this time positive) , be happy :) )

Zoladex

Post by Zoladex » Mon May 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Möbius wrote:I think this behaviour is for techs, where you can open up another research-path,

Though PD only have one path attached to them :s

Return to “The Lore”