Liir intended to be extremely vulnerable to boarding?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Dri

Liir intended to be extremely vulnerable to boarding?

Post by Dri » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:41 pm

In a battle between me as Liir and the Sulka Horde I saw a single Horde boarding pod gain control of my currently shielded and full armor/hull CNC ship... :shock: So, are Liir especially weak to enemy boarding parties? You'd think that having a ship thats FULL OF WATER would be rather hard for a non-Liir enemy force to board and hijack. Not to mention the fact that Liir are meters long and powerful psychics...

I'm thinking this may have something to do with the fact that Liir ships have very few crew due to what Mecron has stated about Liir crew being many times more efficient.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Liir intended to be extremely vulnerable to boarding?

Post by Erinys » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 am

I would suspect that result was one part the vulnerability of the Liir, and one part the powerhouse of the Zuul Horde in boarding.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

sob

Post by sob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:32 am

Best defense against a zuul boarder. Destroy the pod while it is still in space. Has for liir ships full of liquid it is called a breathing apparatuses. Any single Liir would kill any single zuul but I could see the zuul packing a pod like a tin of sardines.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

fiendishrabbit

Post by fiendishrabbit » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 am

From a boarding perspective a starship is also incredibly vulnerable to boarding.
Gain control of the right system (environmental controls for example) and you can easily subdue an entire ship.
You can't trust the Liir. Never trust someone that smiles all the time.

Sevain

Post by Sevain » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:44 am

Why would environmental controls let you take control over a military ship?

Jeep-Eep

Post by Jeep-Eep » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 am

:x Vent the atmosphere, for starters.

RazAlgul

Post by RazAlgul » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:06 am

Sevain wrote:Why would environmental controls let you take control over a military ship?

- Capt. the Zuul got to the Enviro Controls and threatened to vent all air if we don't comply
Capt. faints :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

no air..no crew....logical, isn't it....

this is for Humans..but you get the point

fiendishrabbit

Post by fiendishrabbit » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:30 am

Not just venting the atmosphere. You could most likely poison it too or adjust it in other ways that's not very healthy for anyone lacking a hazmat/vacuum suit.

Not to mention that waste reclaimation is most likely the prime source of large amounts of toxic chemicals on a ship, and very likely accessible from the same control facility (environmental engineers would be in charge of both).
You can't trust the Liir. Never trust someone that smiles all the time.

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Well that would be a crappy way to go.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:57 pm

All of these reason apply to all races I would say, even the Zuul themselves. So the question is, are the Liir particularly vulnerable right now? Are the Zuul particularly strong in boarding (more than expected at least) or are all boarders strong? It requires some testing.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

motorbit

Post by motorbit » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 pm

well, if there where liir vs zuul gladiator games tomorrow, id put my money on the zuul. sure the liir are big and heavy, but the zuul got arms and claws. and its not like the liir where the only psi capable race.

i thought a bit about this venting thing btw. from my understanding, a hull breach would actually be much saver in space if the hull was filled with a liquid-simmilar-to-water™. lets say you get a hull leak, in this case the water would freeze at the breach (cooling down by vaporization) and close the leak. also water does not have this nasty tendency to expand explosive when depressurized (a bit cooking, sure, ill give you that).
another thought i head was that it must be an insanely stupid idea to build water filled war ships. any explosion inside (like from a heap round or whatever) could tear the whole ship apart as water can not be compressed.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Easily solved, don't install explosives into every console like they do in Star Trek. :lol:
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 am

no no its not explosives...starfleet has deemed the CIRCUIT BREAKER to be an unneeded expense. :twisted:

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:28 am

Don't forget, the big advantage zuul have in boarding parties is, on top of lots of big strong females for his claw, each male zuul will be turning any crew he finds into new slaves... fast. Assuming they aren't food. I would imagine you could lose a ship fast if a third of the crew suddenly joined the boarding party.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:39 am

That Schmuck wrote:Don't forget, the big advantage zuul have in boarding parties is, on top of lots of big strong females for his claw, each male zuul will be turning any crew he finds into new slaves... fast. Assuming they aren't food. I would imagine you could lose a ship fast if a third of the crew suddenly joined the boarding party.

Even if they only "joined" for long enough to blow their own brains out, a Zuul in the House is a problem.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Return to “The Lore”