On the encounter of Unknown and Grand Menaces

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Ludovsky

On the encounter of Unknown and Grand Menaces

Post by Ludovsky » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:11 am

I was just curious, but what is the "stories" behind the encounter of the various unknown and grand menaces in the game and from the Blacklist.

I know for example, that SOTS1's refugees were encountered when they landed in human space, where a suitable world was given for them to access... until they left without any warning(and never to return?).
I also know that the System Killer was once used to prevent the Hungry Children scenario from happening, but at the same time little is known of how he was encountered.

And that's pretty much all I know of any of these. We know the background story of things like the locust for example, or the supposed original role of the Von Neumann, but little of the situations in which they were first seen or encountered by known species(especially humans, since they are the ones who have developped the "Blacklist" seen on the wiki and elsewhere, though I know other races have their equivalent).

So I was curious, in which situations were the likes of the Spectres, Von Neumanns, Puppetmaster(from SOTS1) or sillicoids first encountered in?

Bluepants

Re: On the encounter of Unknown and Grand Menaces

Post by Bluepants » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:14 pm

There is an entire chapter of The Deacon's Tale devoted to Specters. I'm not going to spoil anything for you about that, only that it is one of the most detailed descriptions of the Blacklist encounters you listed. A brief description of the knowledge Sol Force has acquired of Von Neuman machines and the Sillicoids during that period is also in the novel.

So what are you waiting for :D

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Ohhh.

Where's the link to purchase the ebook again? ^^

Korgan

Post by Korgan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:08 pm

right in the launcher is one

Return to “The Lore”