Silver Empire location

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

vaccum_pony

Re: Silver Empire location

Post by vaccum_pony » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:41 am

Perhaps the stars weren't just teleported|moved|warped|gated to somewhere else, but somewhen else. Presumably back in time and some distance away. Unless the Silver Empire is meant to be dropped (basically) whole into the middle of the aftermath of the war against the Suul'Ka.

Also, I suspect that Immaculate Pearl and her ships met a different fate than the Silver Empire. Perhaps they were flung into the past?
- - - -

Shed not a tear for humanity, go fetch my stars.

Vaccum Pony

Eleahen
Doomsayer

Post by Eleahen » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:44 am

I wonder where the queen jewels have been found and under what circumstances.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:27 am

I wonder.... butr apparently the answer was "an hiver of unknown lineage brought them back".

Considering the jewels were lost when a (hypothesis, since I doubt the queen would have gone in tarka space alone) the queen was in Tarka space.... one might wonder if said hiver's "unknown lineage" was -not- because they couldn't be recognized amongst the current clans.... because it wasn't from any "current" clans being a descendant of "past" clans

Eleahen
Doomsayer

Post by Eleahen » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:11 am

Ludovsky wrote:I wonder.... butr apparently the answer was "an hiver of unknown lineage brought them back".

Considering the jewels were lost when a (hypothesis, since I doubt the queen would have gone in tarka space alone) the queen was in Tarka space.... one might wonder if said hiver's "unknown lineage" was -not- because they couldn't be recognized amongst the current clans.... because it wasn't from any "current" clans being a descendant of "past" clans

You can find additional details on how the jewels were returned if you search these forums.

However I'm not asking how the were returned. I'm asking where they've been found. :)

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:29 pm

That Hiver was from a Solforce colony and he did not have all the jewels, IIRC. (Ziggy the Hiver. Note his uniquely non Hiver name. :D He is in the Encyclopedia Look him up ;) )
Where the rest came from or who brought them back I dunno.

As for "stranded Hivers and Silver Imperium" hanging around in secret...
Considering a the Jewels are internal organs, and the Queen usualy must die before giving them up/passing them on, it is highly unlikely.
Even if the "stranded Hivers and Silver Imperium" were just transported elsewhere, the Hivers would have entered their own little Interregnum, upon attempting to return the Jewels. (Remember only some were returned by Ziggy from Solforce)

More likely the event killed/destroyed the "stranded Hivers and Silver Imperium" and scattered the bits across the Universe? Local Sector of the Galaxy? Whole Galaxy?
Im gunna go with local sector of the Galaxy since the Jewels were actualy recovered..
EDIT:
Just had a thought.
What if the event was like a Black Mirror, and sent them to the other side of the Meniscus, but the Jewels were somehow unable to remain there?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:16 am

Erdrik, Ziggy didn't return the Crown Jewels.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:08 pm

oh? ... :? I wonder where I picked up that idea.. :oops:
ah well, my bad then.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:41 pm

I think Ziggy had been involved in a treaty between humans and hivers, but beyond that I can't recall.

But that's getting away from the subject of the Silver Imperium.

Eleahen
Doomsayer

Post by Eleahen » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 am

There is a much more detailed biography of him in the SotSpedia. Hiver Race, "Famous Hivers".

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:24 am

I just realized that my gut tells me the fate of the silver empire won't be explored in depth until SOTS3. I don't know why I feel that way, just the vibe I'm getting.

SOTS3 era tech seems to be more on that level of mysteries I suppose?

vaccum_pony

Post by vaccum_pony » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:18 am

Erinys did confirm (don't remember which thread) that the Silver Empire was at a higher tech level than the maxed out tech tree in SotS ][. Thus my previous pondering about dropping it into the aftermath of the Suul'Ka war.
- - - -

Shed not a tear for humanity, go fetch my stars.

Vaccum Pony

Return to “The Lore”