canon govt types?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

israelien

canon govt types?

Post by israelien » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Just wondering if we could be told which government types each of the empires in SoTS would be classified as in canon?

My guesses are:

Morrigi: Liberationist
Tarkas: Junta
Hiver: Communualist
Liir: Cooperative
Zuul: Plutocracy
Humans: Centrist or Mercantilism.
Last edited by israelien on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cpt. Awesome

Re: canon govt types?

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:27 am

israelien wrote:Just wondering if we could be told which government types each of the empires in SiTS would be classified as in canon?

My guesses are:

Morrigi: Liberationist
Tarkas: Junta
Hiver: Communualist
Liir: Cooperative
Zuul: Plutocracy
Humans: Centrist or Mercantilism.

Maybe a more specific question would be what are the "current" canon governments of each faction?

Just looking at the history of Solforce, you can argue a fairly large change in policies from director to director which could ultimately mean different governments. I'm sure Zuul and Liir tend to be the most consistent, but even they change their ways too.

Ultimately you can't really pin down any of the factions to just a single government type for the entire history of the faction.

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: canon govt types?

Post by Nspace » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:52 am

You can find a small answer about Sol Force here: FACTION: SOL FORCE

Erinys wrote:Sol Force has been a number of things over the course of its history, and continues to evolve to meet the needs of the moment. In general it is best not to view any Faction of the game in terms of a label. ... I have never been comfortable pasting a label on Sol Force, even during the SotS Prime era, and in the SotS 2 era it makes even less sense. Any Faction in the game can evolve its political system based on the actions you take as a player. The Director of Sol Force was an appointed post when Blasky held it. Falke was a dictator, MacKenzie was the leader of a Junta, and Freebourne is a democratically elected leader. Times change. ;)
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Return to “The Lore”