Liir-Zuul Naval Bases Lore question

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

feld
Cassandra

Liir-Zuul Naval Bases Lore question

Post by feld » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 am

I think this can probably only be answered by Erinys and I suspect the answer is "no" but...do those tentacly helmet shaped things on Liiran Naval stations which look very much like the ancient artifacts in the first game to me contain drowned liiran elders?
(Pic in attached for people who don't know what I mean)
It seems contrary to other lore you've established about the liir being rather protective of their old folk...but I can also see it as a poignant indication of how important defeating the Suul'ka is to many liir.

Thanks and v/r
feld

marshb

Re: Liir-Zuul Naval Bases Lore question

Post by marshb » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 am

Edit: I withdraw my answer. I'm not sure if it's just cosmetic or if they house elder liir. :oops:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

feld
Cassandra

Post by feld » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Actually, a follow up to this question if I may.
Do the ranks of the Drowned even contain what the liirans would consider "elders"? I had assumed that there were just liir who grew old serving the Black but re-reading the lore has made it seem like maybe it would be rare for them to even serve.

Thanks and v/r
feld

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Older admirals would likely fall under that header. Most aren't quite that big that they would need a miniature-Suul'ka suit, though.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Return to “The Lore”