"40 Years Later" - Status of things

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Genth

"40 Years Later" - Status of things

Post by Genth » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 am

So EoF happens about 40 years after the first Winter War, correct?
New Technologies and the giant metal flounders that shoot an unreasonable amount of death rays aside, what new things have happened, canonically? Have any of the Suul'ka been killed? Has the Liir/Zuul Alliance changed at all? Has Catholicism in the Tarkasian empire grown much larger? Have the Hiver invented any new cheeses?

Just looking for those delicious tidbits of information, unless 'all is to be revealed' in the next book, in which case SAY NOTHING!!

SFS Lovenought

Re: "40 Years Later" - Status of things

Post by SFS Lovenought » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 am

The Hidden was destroyed, along with the Ghost Ship.
Memorabilia salvaged from the wreckage by crew of the victorious fleets soon became valuable collectors items.

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:21 pm

SFS Lovenought wrote:The Hidden was destroyed, along with the Ghost Ship.
Memorabilia salvaged from the wreckage by crew of the victorious fleets soon became valuable collectors items.

That's cannon? Whoa. Okay. Who did it? (SolForce?)

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:43 pm

How else can castewar have a mug from it? Proof I say!
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes, Sol Force cleaned up their own mess on that one.

Hence the Human Admiral line when you take out a Suul'ka:

"In the name of S.F.S. Leviathan, we are sending you back to hell."

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Mika

Post by Mika » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 am

Erinys wrote:"In the name of S.F.S. Leviathan, we are sending you back to hell."

[dying space whale]
From Hell's heart I stab at thee!
*Cutting Beam*

Would Polaris Missiles be adequate harpoon stand-ins?
Michael, speaking for Boskone

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm

The harpoon techs would be most apt, though Sol Force has some difficulty in getting them. ;p
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

firestrike

Post by firestrike » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 pm

so which system do they tack down the S.F.S Leviathan how they find it and the hidden did sol force use the sword of the stars mk2 (idk) on hidden and the s.f.s leviathan also are all the race in a alliance of some soft or are they still trying to back stab each other ?

firelordzx

Post by firelordzx » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:05 am

NOOOOOO! HIDDEN! WAAAAAAAAAAA :,(

xD

he was my favorite suul'ka along with the immortal, now he is the only suul'ka that i like the most :,( ...
Anyway, how the Liir (and P.Zuul) and H.Zuul(Followers of the Hidden) reacted to know that one of the suul'ka was killed by SolForce(Humanity), specially, these Liir that are in Human Controlled Worlds?

I predict that the morrigi will get their justice (or revenge) on the siren in a future expantion

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 am

firelordzx wrote:he was my favorite suul'ka along with the immortal, now he is the only suul'ka that i like the most :,( ...

Mine too, though The Siren comes in at a close third.

firelordzx

Post by firelordzx » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:26 am

Ciurrioc wrote:What I want to know are the views the factions possess concerning these Mecha Empath Techs, putting living brains in machinery and having them "live".....when did this come about? from what events? to what end?

Well is something logical for admirals and scientifics or other important figure that want to live more longer or is needed by the goverment for some especific reason.

let me put you this:

A Important admiral is old but wants to continue in service, its old body is the only limitation, put its brain into a robot or capsule that allow it to continue in service and done, you have the reason and an end.

another thing is psionic people in ships, machine that amplify its power

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 am

Ciurrioc wrote:What I want to know are the views the factions possess concerning these Mecha Empath Techs, putting living brains in machinery and having them "live".....when did this come about? from what events? to what end?

The Cybernetic Revolution is a natural response to the expansion and proliferation of Psionic genes and Psionic Warfare, especially when you have enemies as powerful as the Suul'ka. It's also a logical outcome of a century of intensive ship-to-ship and ground combat with very high tech weapons. A lot of sentient beings have lost a lot of limbs--some vets are more patches than original parts.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Enjelus

Post by Enjelus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:08 am

Cyberization is a slippery slope, it starts with the replacement of lost limbs but there will always be someone willing to go further. Then even more that will feel they have to do the same to compete, and its only hastened if you're in a ground war with species' that are noticeable better at close combat (or are already cyborgs themselves).

firestrike

Post by firestrike » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:08 pm

but will you throw your humanity away so you can be faster,better,stronger i won't call a brain in jar inside in a battle suit a human thou

Goomich

Post by Goomich » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Posthuman. :P

Return to “The Lore”