"40 Years Later" - Status of things

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

ScoSteSal118

Re: "40 Years Later" - Status of things

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:30 pm

iirc tho, it only really caught on at all (and not particularly influentially or with especially good permanence/stability even there) among Tarka and Prester Zuul.

It seems to me that their innovation of the Leviathan ship class, their pioneering strides in cybernetics, etc. would be more sociopolitically significant at this point in this universe.

The_Founder

Post by The_Founder » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Catholozism "only" started the Prester Zuul and only Converts the Tarka. I would say from a Lore point of view that easily outclasses the entire "we build Leviathans" thing.

You sure Cybernetics is a Human thing?
There was this one Tarka who lost his arm when catching the Deakon and he got a Cybernetic Arm from the Liir, not humans. I think the Liir had knoweledge of Cybernetics and Brain/Machien interfaces for a long time - the tentacles and weapon arms on any Suul'ka are propably cybernetic grafts ala Doc-Octopus.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Otoh, with telekinesis, directly interfacing with the brain with things as crude as bionic implants would be almost needless.

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:50 pm

The_Founder wrote:Catholozism "only" started the Prester Zuul and only Converts the Tarka. I would say from a Lore point of view that easily outclasses the entire "we build Leviathans" thing.

You sure Cybernetics is a Human thing?
There was this one Tarka who lost his arm when catching the Deakon and he got a Cybernetic Arm from the Liir, not humans. I think the Liir had knoweledge of Cybernetics and Brain/Machien interfaces for a long time - the tentacles and weapon arms on any Suul'ka are propably cybernetic grafts ala Doc-Octopus.

it didnt' "only Convert the Tarka," it "converted a small and largely non-influential portion of the Tarka population, and that body of believers only remains as large as it is because it has very temporary protection from what would normally be heavy persecution." It didnt' "start the Prester Zuul," it "provided some of the basic ideas of Prester Zuul ideologies (and converted some portion of them to a foundationally-Christian worldview)" while the work of "starting the Prester Zuul" was done by SPOILERS Ishii's and Cai Rui's forced enlightenment of the Deacon as regards empathy and the value of the universe.

on cybernetics
Erinys wrote:Humans certainly do have their technologies of choice, but their great strength is that they are generalists. They have better than average skills with cybernetics, obviously, and made a lot of early advances in the field--Vance was certainly proof of that.

--Arinn

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=34368&hilit=Vance&start=15

Enjelus

Post by Enjelus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:09 pm

wingren013 wrote: Tarka creating reality tv shows

I know its not really a reality show, but somehow I just had visions of a tarka version of Ninja Warrior.

wingren013
Cassandra

Post by wingren013 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:42 am

I feel like they would develop something like that themselves as a contest for the right to change.
The SOTS2 players guide: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43082&p=482769#p482769
Ultimate Enemy Mod: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 01#p499101
(I like line spacing, parentheses, and inter-sentence punctuation; deal with it)

Itharus

Post by Itharus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Tarka commercializing the change? Blechk! I hope not, that'd be sad.
Go Hiver or go home!

wingren013
Cassandra

Post by wingren013 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Tarka will do anything for power.
The SOTS2 players guide: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43082&p=482769#p482769
Ultimate Enemy Mod: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 01#p499101
(I like line spacing, parentheses, and inter-sentence punctuation; deal with it)

Return to “The Lore”