New Independents?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Oneiron

New Independents?

Post by Oneiron » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone has encountered the two new independent races mentioned in the press release for EoF? I've not seen any reference to them in game, or in threads. If you've encountered them, share some details!

vaccum_pony

Re: New Independents?

Post by vaccum_pony » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm

I've yet to encounter ANY indies...
- - - -

Shed not a tear for humanity, go fetch my stars.

Vaccum Pony

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:21 am

Same. I've heard others have, though.

BasementDweller

Post by BasementDweller » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:01 am

ok... so I have yet to encounter any of these new indie races, is there anything we need to do to unlock them or am I just plain unlucky.

marshb

Post by marshb » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 pm

BasementDweller wrote:ok... so I have yet to encounter any of these new indie races, is there anything we need to do to unlock them or am I just plain unlucky.

No need to unlock.
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:12 pm

I don't know if this is recent, but the ingame SOTSpedia now has actually two new independent races.

I'm not sure if it should be mentionned, but what I will say is that apparently one is a group of an ex-TL4 civilization who fell on hard time and turned into a TL2 civilization of barbarians prone to attack would be colonists apparently, while the other race is actually a pre-FTL space age TL5 civilization who may or may not have their own space ships(since they have begun to apparently spread, and patrol, through their own system... though they are reffered to as "Aggressively defending it from any "problems"/foreign intrusion in their "space").

It is not noted what bonus you can get from incorporating them... or if it is even possible. The background of the TL2/ex-TL4 civilization makes me think they might be boarding troops or something of the like, while the later is even more unknown if they can even be integrated.

Though it would be interesting if incorporating the later race could actually unlock their ships as special battleriders(they do not have a FTL of their own though are implied to have their own spaceships) a bit like how Liir battle riders are actually not Liir, but Zuul ships.

This is probably very unlikely though it would be an interesting concept.

Return to “The Lore”