Who is Amal Waters, and what is "High Steel"?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

EnigmaticDoctor

Who is Amal Waters, and what is "High Steel"?

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am

I was recently looking through the Sotsopedia, checking out all of the Splash screens and their descriptions, when I noticed that the screen for the Vac-force Engineers described an Amal Waters, a central character to "High Steel".

I read all of this yesterday, so there will be inconsistencies with the truth in what I have previously written, but I would like to know if anyone knows about Amal Waters or "High Steel"

Thank you for your time, and please have a pleasant day.
:mg: :pit: :sots1: :bob: :amoc: :any: :wave:

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Who is Amal Waters, and what is "High Steel"?

Post by ZedF » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 am

High Steel is basically anything that is built in orbit. It's a reference to people who build skyscrapers today -- construction workers who walk on the steel beams that support modern buildings, dozens of stories above the ground, as those buildings are being built. (A relatively dangerous job and not for the faint of heart.) Building structures in orbit is probably similarly dangerous; Amal Waters is one of these construction workers.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

EnigmaticDoctor

Now I have a picture

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 am

To go with the question, I now have a screen capture to make my question more clear. The Discription of the Spalsh Screen in question states that the quote represents a male names Amal Waters, who was a central character of a story set in the Sword of the Stars Universe.

So, does that mean that the story exists in the Sword of the Stars Universe, or there is a story with a person named Amal Waters, who lives in the Sword of the Stars Universe, that exists in our Universe?

What do you think?

Oh, and many "thank you"'s for your reply Zedf, also helpful.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 am

"High Steel" is a story set in the Sword universe. I occasionally write stories set in the SotSverse to explore different professions and aspects of shipboard life.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Seeker86

Post by Seeker86 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am

Erinys wrote:"High Steel" is a story set in the Sword universe. I occasionally write stories set in the SotSverse to explore different professions and aspects of shipboard life.

--Arinn

Ooh, any chance of us seeing those some time?

EnigmaticDoctor

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:01 am

Thank you for your reply Arinn

I am being presumptuous, but would that mean that at some point we could see some kind of anthology. My knack for bad puns would have me call it "Stories of the Stars". You can totally use that if you want to, but I'm pretty certain that you have better.

Also, I love the Sotspedia, awesome work. In case it means anything, I sometimes launch the game just to look through it.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Many thanks for the kind words! They are appreciated. All work on The Pedia for SotS 2 has to be done on a volunteer basis, so it is good to have encouragement from anyone who is enjoying it.

As to collections of shorter material...I suppose it could happen eventually? In general, this year is going to be very creative. Lots of writing, most of it on Kerberos projects.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Return to “The Lore”