Naming Research Stations After Famous Sol Force Personel

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

SacremPyrobolum

Naming Research Stations After Famous Sol Force Personel

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:29 pm

I am of the opinion that human research stations, especially those that are to become full fledged science centers should be named after famous Sol Force Scientists who were major figures in the field in which that station is specializing.

For example; A research station dedicated to Engine tech should be called the Yao-Hsiang Institute of FTL Studies (hopefully I will think of something better than that). Yoa-Hsiang, for those who don't know, was the man who invented the human node drive.

I have a few ideas but there still are a lot of tech branches to cover.

C3: Vance Institute of FTL Communications (Steve Jobs of FTL Communication)
Engine: Yoa-Hsiang Institute of FTL Drive Technologies
Psi: Maldonado Academy For The Gifted (First Legate of the Psionics Corps, whether this is an actual school or a research center with less than willing subjects depends on your government type! :twisted: )
Political Science: MacKenzie Institute of Xeno Relations (considering his involvment in the Pax Quarto)
Ballistics: Falke Center (You wouldn't want to actually name you top secret ballistic weapons lab a ballistics weapon lab, would you?)

And that all I have so far. I would like to thank this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=44629

For being so informative on the movers and shakers in Sol Force. Although I have to ask; what is White Section? Maybe I can name the Bio lab after its commander from the looks of his back round.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Naming Research Stations After Famous Sol Force Personel

Post by Erinys » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm

White Section is the xenobiology arm of Sol Force intelligence. Their job is to learn everything possible about the bodies and biology of other empires and sentient races.

Every briefing you've ever seen about the life cycle and zoology of an alien race, including how their bodies are put together, their strengths and weakness, how they reproduce, grow, mature and die, was put together by White Section. They are the ones who study the captives, who dissect the corpses, who pay the bills of operatives who go on field trips to try and observe aliens in their natural habitat. Even if the report is very brief, if it includes biological data it means that a White Section agent was involved.

When you build a science station around an Indie race homeworld, a lot of the staff are White Section agents. They spend their tours sneaking around trying to get the natives to sit still for physical exams, raiding their graveyards, and gathering their garbage and poop for analysis.

Oh such rewarding work. ;)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

SacremPyrobolum

Re: Naming Research Stations After Famous Sol Force Personel

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Erinys wrote:White Section is the xenobiology arm of Sol Force intelligence. Their job is to learn everything possible about the bodies and biology of other empires and sentient races.

Every briefing you've ever seen about the life cycle and zoology of an alien race, including how their bodies are put together, their strengths and weakness, how they reproduce, grow, mature and die, was put together by White Section. They are the ones who study the captives, who dissect the corpses, who pay the bills of operatives who go on field trips to try and observe aliens in their natural habitat. Even if the report is very brief, if it includes biological data it means that a White Section agent was involved.

When you build a science station around an Indie race homeworld, a lot of the staff are White Section agents. They spend their tours sneaking around trying to get the natives to sit still for physical exams, raiding their graveyards, and gathering their garbage and poop for analysis.

Oh such rewarding work. ;)

--Arinn

Ahh excellent, so I will name my Bio lab the Kliggerman Institute of Biology and Medicine, and by medicine you know I'm not just talking about aspirin! :twisted:

But who should I name my Engineering lab after? Maybe after the head designer of that first human ship the Hivers blew up? And my Cybernetics lab? Is there any lore written about that yet?

Return to “The Lore”