Mirror Universe?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

cakedaemon

Mirror Universe?

Post by cakedaemon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Now this is one of my crazier thoughts, brought about thanks to a steady diet of Star Trek Online and Sword of the Stars.

Is there a mirror of the SOTS universe?

Maybe one where the Zuul are peaceful, the Suul'ka the good break off of the Liir (who are genocidal monsters) and where the Loa are faithful servants of the organics?

Just a thought. It seems like almost ever Sci-Fi, or everything in general, has a mirror universe these days :p

Azrael Ultima

Re: Mirror Universe?

Post by Azrael Ultima » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Well, there does appear to be a mirror universe of sorts... though going there isn't a very good idea.

Hivers use matter from this "mirror universe" to fuel their black matter reactors.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

lwarmonger

Post by lwarmonger » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 pm

cakedaemon wrote:Now this is one of my crazier thoughts, brought about thanks to a steady diet of Star Trek Online and Sword of the Stars.

Maybe one where the Zuul are peaceful, the Suul'ka the good break off of the Liir (who are genocidal monsters) and where the Loa are faithful servants of the organics?

Just a thought. It seems like almost ever Sci-Fi, or everything in general, has a mirror universe these days :p

Just trying to picture a Liir with a little forked goatee... I don't think they can grow facial hair. But if they could they would be even more evil than the zuul!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 pm

There are infinite universes, and every possible state of affairs will exist in one of them. So yes, there is a universe which mirrors the SotSverse. Just as there is a universe where all the good shows are not canceled, where Babylon 5 is revered far more than Star Trek, and where all the Star Wars movies are as good as "Empire Strikes Back".

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Aranador

Post by Aranador » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 pm

And every time you start a new SotS game, you see another one of these mirrors, where history plays out differently. Most of the mirrors I see, the Morrigi are slightly less tolerant of all races, and wage xenocide against the Liir. Funny how that works :P

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm

:lol:

shadow-nova

Post by shadow-nova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:04 am

Aranador wrote:And every time you start a new SotS game, you see another one of these mirrors, where history plays out differently. Most of the mirrors I see, the Morrigi are slightly less tolerant of all races, and wage xenocide against the Liir. Funny how that works :P

really? i keep seeing an universe where Hivers try to keep peace trough diplomacy and usually just end up trying to kill everyone that isn't a hiver cause they got demanded one star system info too many.
if it doesn't work hit it with a hammer, repeat if necessary with bigger hammer.
twitter: @shadowshian DA: http://www.shadow-nova.deviantart.com
to who ever manages the @solforce tweet sorry about buggin you so much :)

cakedaemon

Post by cakedaemon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Wow. I too get alternate universes. Ones where SolForce never existed, instead being called the Solar Empire, which promptly launches xenocidal wars against all neighboring factions for the simple reason they aren't human. They don't even colonize the worlds the other races abandon in the SE's advance. They are simply rendered uninhabitable due to the orbital shelling.

And if they are human, well, they get welcomed with open arms.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 am

Sounds like a Mod reference. :snooty: Keep it in the Mod section!

--Arinn

cakedaemon

Post by cakedaemon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37 am

Erinys wrote:Sounds like a Mod reference. :snooty: Keep it in the Mod section!

--Arinn

:P

Nah, it ain't a mod. I just use a different name for my human faction than SolForce. I also give them the empire color yellow as a nod to the Terran Empire from Star Trek.

Also, thanks for answering my question about the Sots Mirror Universe. Any idea if we'll ever get a mirror universe random encounter?

Mekan1k

Post by Mekan1k » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 am

That seems like a cool concept for a random encounter- a fleet that is opposite in color and race, and pops up from 'anomalies' (IE wavy space) and your species needs to undergo a special set of research missions to close the 'anomaly' and fight off or communicate with the other species...
Or maybe we will run into the Pioneer probe.

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 pm

The question is not a reference to the universe on the other side of the Menisceal skin.
Rather it is a reference to the idea of multiple universes representing all the various choices and outcomes that are potential in life.
For example, the Mirror Universe from Star Trek.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Mekan1k wrote:That seems like a cool concept for a random encounter- a fleet that is opposite in color and race, and pops up from 'anomalies' (IE wavy space) and your species needs to undergo a special set of research missions to close the 'anomaly' and fight off or communicate with the other species...
Or maybe we will run into the Pioneer probe.

Well, there was once the puppetmaster(s) encounter...

Which make me curious.... a lot of the puppet master appearance seem reminescent of the Spectres, giving the feeling of a sort of singular being.... or at least, of the ship being an entity itself.

On the other end... a lot of it's design(turret and such) give off a feeling of artificial construction. And looking at it, for some reason it's design, ship gemotry wise... feels almost eeringly familiar though I can't figure what it remind me of.

Somehow it makes me wonder if the Puppet Master might not be again a case of something we might be more familiar with than we'd like to think...

Though the broadside guns would seem to contradict this, is it normal that I can't help but be reminded a -little- of Tarka ship designs in the puppet master's lines?

wingren013
Cassandra

Post by wingren013 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm

cakedaemon wrote:Now this is one of my crazier thoughts, brought about thanks to a steady diet of Star Trek Online and Sword of the Stars.

This should be a scenario
The SOTS2 players guide: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43082&p=482769#p482769
Ultimate Enemy Mod: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 01#p499101
(I like line spacing, parentheses, and inter-sentence punctuation; deal with it)

Return to “The Lore”