The Lore Books

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: The Lore Books

Post by Erinys » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Thanks for the reminder, folks. I had forgotten about Black Section.

I have been focused on other work in 2019, as I am no longer with Kerberos in any official capacity. So far as Kerberos is concerned, this book project is canceled: I was the only person working on it.

I think the wisest course right now is to refund your money. Sorry that I don't have a better answer, but to put things in perspective: there were only eight people during the original campaign for Sword of the Stars: The Pit who were going to receive a copy of the book as an added bonus on the Beta + Kerberos Calendar pledge. I know that all those folks already received their Beta + Calendar, so a full refund doesn't make sense, but I will happily refund half of that money personally. Just DM me your Paypal email address.

The full cost of the refund for all eight people will be around $400, which is by far the option that makes the most financial sense for all concerned. Please DM me if you'd like to go with that option.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:00 am

Wow...I didn't know you were no longer with Kerberos.

Or maybe I just missed it.

Seems like dark times for the Sword of the Stars series.

In any case...however belated this may be, I do wish you luck in your future endeavors.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Yeah, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope things go well for all of you.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks for the kind words, but there's no need to take a gloomy stance: Kerberos, Sword of the Stars and I are all doing fine.

I was with Kerberos full time from 2004-2018, which is a pretty insanely long time for any narrative designer or lead writer to work full time on a single franchise. Anyone could start to stagnate under those conditions, which is why it is so incredibly rare in this industry. Generally the tenure of any given writer is less than 3 years on any given project. Even Eric Nylund's work on the Halo franchise was only around ten years.

I am always available as a consultant or a contractor if and when Kerberos needs me for developing new titles or side projects in the franchise, but for the most part the universe is built. Like any great IP, Sword of the Stars could continue to yield infinite promise for decades to come in the hands of many creative people.

As for me? I will continue writing and creating games as opportunities arise.

--Arinn

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Hey that's great to hear. I'm glad there were no were no unfortunate circumstances with you departing.

I will check out some of the stuff on your Patreon page. I actually never knew you did the English Language screenplay for World Trigger. I will make some time to watch it. Although not the English version...I can't watch dubbed anime...sorry!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:43 am

Ah, dubbed anime is all I write, sorry. And I'm the living proof that dubbed is not at all inferior to subbed in every case. Some of the scripts for subtitles are kinda terrible, and some of the actors who've worked on my shows are pretty great.

I particularly liked the guy who played Yuichi Jin in our version of World Trigger. :D I was in the studio one day when he walked out of the recording booth, and holy crow he was a dead ringer for the animated character, down the hair and eye color. He even had on a blue jacket.

--Arinn

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:50 pm

I might be inclined to give it a try just on your recommendation. :-)

Its just I remember very few good dubs and a lot of bad ones. Although that may be changing...old habits die hard.

Like the English dub for Hellsing Ultimate was way above par.

Return to “The Lore”