Carbonites on Loa Worlds.

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Marakis

Carbonites on Loa Worlds.

Post by Marakis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm playing the Loa right now. In a game. And I have HUman, Tarka, And Hivers on Loa planets. It surprises me, big time.

How would the Loa accomodate carbonites on their worlds? Wouldn't he Carbonites just be a waste of space and power? Why would they accomodate those carbonites?

DarkCecilo

Re: Carbonites on Loa Worlds.

Post by DarkCecilo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:18 pm

How COULD they. They would have to live in BioDomes just to survive wouldn't they? Since the Loa burn all planets, microbes, basically everything to ash. Organic life surely cannot live on a Loa world without some kind of sealed housing of some sort.

Marakis

Post by Marakis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm wondering that too, my Loa worlds have carbonite immigrants on em, not just...Loa themselves.

Ashbery76

Post by Ashbery76 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:21 pm

They use them as batteries.

The_Founder

Post by The_Founder » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:46 pm

The same way you put humans on a Tarka World. Or Liir World:
In specially designed/choosen areas. Wich reduce the amount of native civilian population you can settle accordingly. (Remmeber, that unlike prime Incorporation does not increase your sustainable popualtion anymore).

Yes, Loa do burn all primitive life from their planets because "it provides no benefit while draining resources".
However, Sentient life can easily provide "benefits" equal or superior to a new Serverfarm. So setting asside an area for them seems a no brainer.
Keep in mind that Loa have evolved significantly beyond thier AI Rebellion roots. They are not more likely to go "kill all humans" then the Liir, Hiver or Tarka (or other humans). So they are equally likely to life beside them.

Marakis

Post by Marakis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 pm

I see. Makes for an interesting thought, Since Loa worlds are basically dead worlds, would they set up huge domed cities with an enviroment suitable to that species or something?

DarkCecilo

Post by DarkCecilo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:36 am

It seems like they would have to. Because to have plants means you would have to have all the supporting life that allows plants to grow and produce oxygen, coupled with bacteria and other animal life not liking to stay in designated areas unless forcefully kept there. I suppose the Liir would probably be okay. Unless the Loa Boiled away the oceans as well. In which case I.. kind of have a serious problem with the Loa now.

On that same note I would hope the Loa keep uh.. records? Specimens? Samples of various plant seeds. It seems like for all the worlds the Loa will take, they are burning away rare plants and animals which may be able to help Carbonite life. I understand it isn't their priority to help their parents, but at the same time, it could be a valuable trade commodity. Alien planets that may have better curative effects, animals which may be delicious. Seems like a waste to just burn it all away.

Sayeth

Post by Sayeth » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:41 am

DarkCecilo wrote:On that same note I would hope the Loa keep uh.. records? Specimens? Samples of various plant seeds. It seems like for all the worlds the Loa will take, they are burning away rare plants and animals which may be able to help Carbonite life. I understand it isn't their priority to help their parents, but at the same time, it could be a valuable trade commodity. Alien planets that may have better curative effects, animals which may be delicious. Seems like a waste to just burn it all away.

What do you think Loa use to trade with carbonites? 8) Stuff that is not valuable to them and could make them a lot of credits and parts that they need. Seems like a fair trade in a nutshell.
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Yeah, I tend to replace much of my civilian population with carbonites as soon as possible when playing Loa. They grow faster and are resistant to high solar output.

And yeah.. if nothing else, Loa worlds need to be kept sterile, even microscopic life is annoying to them, so I don't think carbonites would simply be wandering around the surface leaking all those disgusting fluids from their squishy bits. I guess they'd be in sealed habitats. Since the economy is still energy based, as well, I'm guessing a significant portion of the population would be devoted to maintaining/working equipment for generating power.

The_Founder

Post by The_Founder » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Yes, they need specially doomed habitats. Or fishtanks for Liir (they do seem to burn the oceans as well).*
That is what Incorporation, Accomodation and especially Proliferation mean:
The technology to integrate an Environment with the Perfect Habitability for alien Species into your existing colony, without negative affecting any aspect (like the taxincome).
Afaik there is no clear definition what all the species even breath. For all we know maintaining a Oxygen Atmosphere on a Liir World is as hard as Maintaining one on a Loa World.

*It is not a problem to get water again. H and H²O are the most abudant elements in the universe. The unvierse has so much H, Hiver ramscoops can collect it in flight and the universe actually started to burn the (in Fusion Power plants called "suns") at some point.

Return to “The Lore”