Modding Picture of the day...

Moderator: Makail

Rossinna-Sama

Re: Modding Picture of the day.

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:45 am

And some more buggering around. I copied all the textures from the Ghostship to the default Solforce faction folder.

The result? Rustforce.

---
And even more buggering around-

DN engine section on a CR.

-----
Messing around with poor Ghosty:

Trying to figure out if I can get all Solforce LVs to animate the nodering like it does.

-----
Solforce's secret weapon.

Mobile Level 5 Sector base. (Currently only armed with a single light mount... heheh...)

Now, it has guns. lots of them.

Or lots of beams, whatever floats your station.

Here ghosty ghosty ghosty...
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver Modder
Creator of the Work-In-Progress Seimei Visual Novel series.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

Exavier724

Post by Exavier724 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm

I believe it was mentioned by the Devs that mining ship sections would be used by civilian traffic at some later date which is why they are in the game but not used for anything yet.

On your station combat module you wana make it even more dangerous? :P
Here are all the turret nodes that are avalible on the Human SN Combat Module...
Turret_Light_01
Turret_Light_02
Turret_Light_03
Turret_Light_04
Turret_Light_05
Turret_Light_06
Turret_Medium_01
Turret_Medium_02
Turret_Medium_03
Turret_Medium_04
Turret_Heavy_01
Turret_Heavy_02

I haven't tried modifying the human one yet but I do have a fully coded Loa version that has even more nodes on it. Haven't had a chance to load it up ingame and figure out turret arcs for each of the light/med mount points yet (or if they are even in a reasonable area on the model)

EDIT: The nodes are showing in the factions\human\models\modules\SN_combat.scene~. Its still encrypted (Edit in text editor like Notepad++) so you can add new ones but all the model's node points show up in plain text usually within the first couple of lines of the file. Unfortunately if the Loa are any indication, the combat module is the only module that has hidden turret nodes on it. Wanted to weaponize all stations lol :(

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Ufufu~, I'm not keeping the station. Was an experiment to see if I could get mobile stations for a System Defense Boat role.

Technically the station is a LV at the moment.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

Exavier724

Post by Exavier724 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Eh didn't consider the fact that it was a station in the weapon test screen lol.
Still it would be amusing to have at least the light mounts available on station modules... Naval Base with PD anyone? :P

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Some fiddling on my part to make engines more flashy... erm.. worked?

Only for the solforce DNs right now.

New fuel mixture musta worked...

"I've heard of afterburners, but this is ridiculous."

----
More messing around. I wish I could assign engine trails at a whim instead of having to replace them. Ohh mod tools... :(

You don't wanna know the FPS hit this caused. ;)

Testing out the cruiser variant.

Replaced the DN with the CR one.

As well as the LV. This time the FPS change is... well, nonexistent.

I know what color my next engine section exhaust will be once mod tools come out - pure black. Too much pink here... ;)

Kohlrabi

Post by Kohlrabi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Nice findings, and clever ideas!
Hiver Psychoanalyst: So... tell me about our mother.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:03 am

Please leave the mining ships alone...they are there for future official chrome use. ;)

sob

Post by sob » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 am

Mecron wrote:Please leave the mining ships alone...they are there for future official chrome use. ;)

Cooling so we will get mining ships.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Enjelus

Post by Enjelus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm

sob wrote:
Mecron wrote:Please leave the mining ships alone...they are there for future official chrome use. ;)

Cooling so we will get mining ships.

Just something else to attract pirates I'm sure!

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 am

Guess its time to start with the picture spam once again. Though since its quite modded now, can no longer go anywhere but here. Meh?

Well, might get more people to visit this area of the forums.
----
The following is all a part of Project Hiver.

A Zuul BR fleet engaging some hostile Zuul ships.

I pick the weirdest color schemes.

Zuul BR bathing in the sunlight.

Cool Battleriders don't look at explosions.

One of the "new" designs for the Zuul Faction in PH - the Zealot. Replaces the default Armor section, and as you can see emphasizes the Zuul love of "bigger guns".

Zuul formation flying.

Pure white ships on the Zuul Immersion Faction looks quite nice, yes?

All out brawl.

BR Carrier pretending to be a combat ship.

Not something any Zuul captain wants to experience. Zuul Armor and structure rating is almost nil...

Shhh! Did someone order a weapon upgrade for naval stations? How about twin Heavy Beam Mounts (heavy laser, lancer, cutting beam depending on what you refit it with) to deal with your foes?

Clearly I need to buff stations to be able to survive longer than 2 seconds with the new damage output of Zuul ships.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

And some more stuff:

What SOTS2 would look like if it was a top down RTS.

What SOTS2 actually looks like. ;)

And what it looks like from my fleets POV.

Zuul ship charging headlong into a massive barrage of fire.

I don't think they like being a Christmas tree.

Umm... I got nutten'.

Fearless. Stupid, but fearless.

Slave Disk Action.

A Zuul Slave disk raiding Zuul for Slaves... yes, It didn't work.

More Slave Diskery

The Fleet commander is wondering why we even built these ships for a 1v1, Zuul only match.

Zuul CNC ship sporting its new weapon payload.

----
Zuul Fleet Commander experimenting with the prototype "Conventional" ballistic weapons.
I'm considering seeing if I can change the model, but I think I'm limited in that regard.

Eheheh...

Zuul DN showing off.

Notice the projectiles? The Conventional Ballistics don't have any trails. It may look odd at first, but these are your default projectiles, not ones fired from a railgun or such.

SpardaSon21

Post by SpardaSon21 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:41 pm

That last picture is pretty visually boring. Would it be possible for you to add orange trails (space tracers for visual gunnery plotting or something :P) to those bullets? I think if you copied nuBSG cannon shells you'd have a nice effect.

Railgunner2160

Post by Railgunner2160 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Also I'm just curious if it's possible to fix the odd non-immersion textures on Immersion ships (Those new sections added in EOF)......
The Gray Coats Are Coming!! - The Terran Confedrancy

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Railgunner2160 wrote:Also I'm just curious if it's possible to fix the odd non-immersion textures on Immersion ships (Those new sections added in EOF)......

Not as of yet. We need to be able to edit the texture assignments on the model to do that, which means mod tools. At least I'm pretty sure thats the case, might be something to look into.

SpardaSon21 wrote:That last picture is pretty visually boring. Would it be possible for you to add orange trails (space tracers for visual gunnery plotting or something :P) to those bullets? I think if you copied nuBSG cannon shells you'd have a nice effect.

Again, I'm limited by the content within the game. Even more so as I'm avoiding using things which isn't normally in the game.
Right now when the conventional cannon fires it uses the same visual FX as the Interceptor. Its the only one which looks plausible right now.
The trail on the cannon shells, I'm not really sure what I can do about them. The default ones are moving to the next tier of ballistic weapons. I could assign the Sniper trail to them, which is red...
If you find a small ingame trail, let me know. I've also tried missile trails in the past, but then you can't tell what's a cannon and whats a missile.

SpardaSon21

Post by SpardaSon21 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 am

Yeah, you're right. Since we can't make new particle effects, and probably won't ever be able to at this rate, you might as well just use the sniper cannon trail if you're removing that weapon. Trail-less projectiles are very hard to see in combat so it is difficult to tell when you're being shot at and like I said, pretty boring when there's just dark blobs being shot between ships at a high velocity.

Return to “Modding”