Please stop creating SotS2 business threads

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

castewarkp
Site Admin

Please stop creating SotS2 business threads

Post by castewarkp » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 pm

I'm asking you all to please stop creating new thread to discuss the business status of Sword of the Stars 2.

We have said all we can say, as has Paradox. While we absolutely appreciate the support and interest, these threads just tend to lead to assumptions we cannot properly address (see above re: we've said all we can say) and well-meaning, but ultimately detrimental plans to hassle Paradox on their boards, usually about those same, incorrect assumptions.

The Sword of the Stars 2 forum at Paradox is found under Classic Published Games > All Other Titles. That should tell you all you need to know about its status.

Again, everybody's passion is very much appreciated, but threads on the business of SotS2 need to stop. We cannot participate in them any more than we we've previously discussed the matter and left with that vacuum, people just start guessing, that's a bad thing.

Thanks.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Re: Please stop creating SotS2 business threads

Post by zanzibar196 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:37 am

I think this thread needs a sticky...

Desolator

Post by Desolator » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 am

Is this also the reason I can no longer view the forum thread Dark Mesiah (i believe his name is) made about the mail / letter he send to Paradox?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Logical supposition is logical.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Desolator

Post by Desolator » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Shame, but I guess I can see the logic...
Guess I'll wait for Sots 3 then

Aranador

Post by Aranador » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:05 am

Irony is the thing that the Kerb staff are asking us not to do, proceeds to happen in the thread where the Kerb staff are asking us not to do it. Doubly so because it looks like someone felt the need to create a new forum handle to do it with.

Come on people, respect the Kerb guys enough to honour their request !

Desolator

Post by Desolator » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:25 am

Aranador, if you are referring to me, please name it so :P

The thread I was referring to already existed, so no new thread was made. I honour the request Kerb put out, never created a thread about this nor will I.
I was just asking a simple question, as the thread I mentioned earlier was purely informative (last time I saw it at least, things could've happened in it that weren't supposed to happen) and descriptive of what someone was trying to do to get some things moving again.
That thread wasn't a discussion, it was just someone updating everyone on his / her OWN actions. Not anything related to Kerb's actions, not any questions or remarks, just his or her own actions.

Again, the fact I can't view it tells me all I need to know. I'm not asking for any more information, I'm not speculating on anything related to the business model / contract / whatever.

If you feel I've done so in this thread please name it and explain your problem with it. I'm not amused with you poking at someone and then not stating your problem except in the most vague of wordings.

-Des

Lord Baal

Post by Lord Baal » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Please don't brand me stupid... but I have to ask.

Do you plan releasing any more content for SotS2? Patches? DLC? Or you are "officially done" with it?

For SotS3 (if planned) could we look forward to something where Ground Pounders and SotS colide in order for us to have a Greater Grand Strategy game like for example Emperor of the Fading Suns kind of game, only better?
Imagine your own funny quote here.

Greedo

Post by Greedo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Well, on July, 10th, Paradox finally officially commented on this and the matter of "forbidden to tell anything":

Could the game be fixed up even more? Sure it's software after all.

Are we going to fund additional patches/updates? No - we're still far, far in the red with this project - we made a huge investment into the development and things didn't quite work out. So we're focusing on other things now.

Are we in any way standing in the way of the devs or the community patching/updating the game themselves? No.

Here's the direct link:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... st17701825

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:25 am

how simple an answer satisfies, greedo?

tomtom

Post by tomtom » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Simple quest:
What about a kickstarter to pay a dev to patch sots ?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Simpler answer...Someone is collecting 70% of every dollar sold on sots2...best to find it there.

Desolator

Post by Desolator » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:31 pm

So, if I read this correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong on this, an unnamed company (we all know who you mean though) is collecting 70% of the funds that are raised from the sales of SotS 2. If I read your reply Mecron, the meaning that I get from it is "Another company is collecting 70% is the revenue created and either we don't have the funding to continue patches etc ourselves, or we don't want to as we feel we are seeing too little of our time investment returned" (AKA it's not worth it from a business point of view, not saying you are greedy). It also feels like you are now pointing us back at said company that is claiming 70% of the revenue. I feel greedo's link more than covers the fact that that is not going to happen.

Is this correct, it would be really nice, and a testimony to your open communication, if you or someone else from the company, could make a "clean" statement where you tell the player base what is going to happen with further development. For me it would be a shame if this game would not see further patches, but a final statement actually telling me that would at least let me lay to rest my lingering hope that someday in the foreseeable future I would be able to play this game with my friends without crashes. If this is not the case, it would also be good to know, since I can then keep my eye out for patches and keep trying to make it work with my friends ;)

- Des

mspaetauf

Post by mspaetauf » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:58 pm

welcome to ze internets, where "please stop" means "go ahead, we want more" :bigmouth:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:32 pm

Of course deso, I realize now I was being obscure. The other 30% goes to vendor who sells the game, like steam or GG.
Sorry for the confusion.

Return to “SotS2”