Stellaris Special Ships against SOTS 2 fleets..

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Torezu

Re: Stellaris Special Ships against SOTS 2 fleets..

Post by Torezu » Fri May 13, 2016 6:14 pm

I think that ship has sailed, arrived at its destination, exchanged cargo, and sailed on somewhere else.

The horse is dead. You should probably stop beating it now.

Torezu

Post by Torezu » Mon May 16, 2016 3:23 pm

That wasn't my point. Kerberos can't really do anything with SotS2. End of story. Suggesting that they revise it, update it, add another expansion, whatever, is spitting into the wind.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue May 17, 2016 10:15 pm

drages...yes...its possible to be wrong. And often the more emphatic one is about something, the more carefully they need to think about that :twisted:

Treliant

Post by Treliant » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:05 pm

I Couldn't disagree more Drages :)

After playing SOTS 2 with the fleet mechanic I could never go back to 1. The fleet mechanic was elegant. It stream lined so much and added its own layer of complexity to the management of a war effort. Logistics really mattered. The timing of your fleet usage mattered. Sending a fleet to early to patrol or engage could end in disaster when they ran out of supplies. The first game just felt like a giant messy nightmare to manage with no real consequences. It was impossible to keep track of everything. You ended up with ships stranded all over the place, It was so easy to just fire and forget. If a fleet was incoming you had no attrition option, they were there till they died, whereas in 2 if you held out long enough you had a really solid chance to get a window to recoup when the forces assaulting you ran out of supplies.

Honestly when SOTS 3 is made I would be very disappointed if the fleet mechanic wasn't included (not the same necessarily but something similar at least). On that note SOTS 2 did some things that I believe were truly groundbreaking and should be adopted by any 4x franchise out there. The fleet system to me was one of these. The Government system was an awesome feature as well. The response to your play style not just some button choice was brilliant.

cheers
Treliant

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Ive always loved the 4x genre . from good ol imperium galactica to galactic civilizations . I took a a good look at stellaris saw some of the videos , it looked very cool and promising , then when they got to fleet combat I just turned of the video . I know it might be a preference thing but sots for all that happened got soo many things RIGHT . I can never go back to a 4x that doesn't have decent fleet management and combat ! which I consider very well made in sots 1 and even better in sots 2. best example I bought the newest galactic civ but I haven't touched it and am more interested in masters of Orion which has real-time combat . unfortunately sots left me spoiled and when your given a whole star system to fight in you don't want to go to a small like arena to duke it out again.

small little insert . 2300 + hours played in sots 2. I got my moneys worth :P
Encountersuitic Pelvic Thrust...... 96% of sheridan, kosh talks .......

puglebugle

Post by puglebugle » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 am

drages wrote:Yes Stellaris is up, i played it..
Paradox wanted to fill the space game concept with Stellaris, because Sots 2, failed. If Sots 2 prevailed, we will probably have a 3-4 expansion added a Sots 2 and maybe got Sots 3 rather then Stellaris. I don't think that Paradox will try to create a space str game if there was a successful Sots series already up,...

Doubt it. As you said those two games are different concepts. I see no reason why 2 different space strategy games couldnt coexist.

drages wrote:So Stellaris made the new sales records for Paradox, so maybe they want to make another space 4x and when they got Sots in their hand, i think they could give a change to some devs or Kerberos another chance for 3. game.. why not?

Have you thought that there is maybe a reason that Paradox dont give up Sots 2?

No, they wont make another space 4x game soon, only DLC, Stellaris 2 is low probability because I believe that meanwhile some devs will finally create some good space strategy (battle) game again, and I believe that paradox cares only for sales so they deem predicted profits for Stellaris 2 too low (cause of direct competition). Unity is free since some time and Indies started pushing very good game concepts (many are space-battles). (just my 1cent in prediction)
Realistic Combat/Naval Gunnery/TechTree Revision SubMod (v1.1) for Bsots (mod for Sots 1) http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57039&p=555149#p555149

Pavane

Post by Pavane » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Thanks for Sword of the Stars and Sword of the Stars II. I enjoyed them both immensely. There was a time when I thought that Sword of the Stars was the ultimate game for me, but Stellaris has now taken that spot. I will sadly be deleting Sword of the Stars II from my system soon as I don't see a reason to play it any more. The last few times that I did play it there were crashes, and who needs that? Should there ever be a Sword of the Stars III then I will buy it, but until then thanks for the memories.
Stellar Union

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:08 pm

Pavane wrote:Thanks for Sword of the Stars and Sword of the Stars II. I enjoyed them both immensely. There was a time when I thought that Sword of the Stars was the ultimate game for me, but Stellaris has now taken that spot. I will sadly be deleting Sword of the Stars II from my system soon as I don't see a reason to play it any more. The last few times that I did play it there were crashes, and who needs that? Should there ever be a Sword of the Stars III then I will buy it, but until then thanks for the memories.

I see comments like this all the time on the internet. I never really understand what is the message they are trying to convey. Like, why would deleting a game off your computer be important that you would have to post to the forums about it?

Return to “SotS2”