New Race/Factions with DLC?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Gunner6000

New Race/Factions with DLC?

Post by Gunner6000 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:25 pm

NOTE: *THIS IS COMPLETE SPECULATION*

I've scowered the internets and have not come up with any info on this so im just going to ask...

If(and thats a big IF) Kerb were to add another race/faction into SOTS II with later DLC.... What kind do you think it would be or would like to see?? Im thinking towards a Feline type species kinda like the Khajiit from the Elder Scroll franchise.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Khajiit

They could be a highly scientific adaptive species... New upstarts from some other corner of the universe. 1st contact would be with Zuul who enslaved their 1st off world colony. Saddend by the loss of their Litters(Cats have litters of kittens) and fearing the fate of their colony may be coming home... the clans unite and become 1 for the first time in their history.... you see where this COULD go... just wondering if anyone else had simiar ideas for other factions... maybe something less.... carbon based??...

Illanair

Re: New Race/Factions with DLC?

Post by Illanair » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Personally I am more interested in something along the lines of a large herbivorous mammal - like an elephant or giraffe. :D
bowtiefighter wrote:From my doctorate degree in self taught scifi, im guessing it would make just pretty fireworks.

Gunner6000

Post by Gunner6000 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Illanair wrote:... like an elephant or giraffe. :D

Not a bad idea, Imagine trying to invade a planet occupied by huge, armed & armored mammoths... hah! :insane:

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:16 am

Illanair wrote:Personally I am more interested in something along the lines of a large herbivorous mammal - like an elephant or giraffe. :D

You want to take on the Fithp?
Last edited by Starknight on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Gunner6000

Post by Gunner6000 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:34 pm

^^^^ Your Linky is broke.....

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Gunner6000 wrote:^^^^ Your Linky is broke.....

Thanks, fixed!
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Gunner6000

Post by Gunner6000 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Starknight wrote:
Illanair wrote:Personally I am more interested in something along the lines of a large herbivorous mammal - like an elephant or giraffe. :D

You want to take on the Fithp?

Whoa, they would be a challenging enemy for sure...

Unwashed_Pleb
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Unwashed_Pleb » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:13 pm

How about a truly alien life form? As in, something that is not so obviously evolved from life on earth that you can say "Hey, it's a giant evolved lizard/bug/opossum/dolphin/bird"
Plebeian. Adj.
1. Of, belonging to, or characteristic of commoners.
2. Unrefined or coarse in nature or manner; common or vulgar: plebeian tastes.

Unwashed. Adj.
1. Unclean
2. Plebeian: the unwashed masses.

Gunner6000

Post by Gunner6000 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Unwashed_Pleb wrote:How about a truly alien life form? As in, something that is not so obviously evolved from life on earth that you can say "Hey, it's a giant evolved lizard/bug/opossum/dolphin/bird"

Any ideas?

Adamfostas

Post by Adamfostas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm hoping for Gas Giant Balloon People. I've always liked balloon people, one of my favourite Iain Banks was Algebra, even if they were more accurately Gas Giant Wheely Balloon Avuncular People.

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 pm

All we know is that it's a race that will incorporate/introduce ground combat, so it's probably not gas giant people. Although gas giants in the game have been giving me a foreshadowing vibe from the get-go.

ehmkinator

Post by ehmkinator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Well since most biological lifeforms must follow some basic rules regarding function and structure, and since there have been a few documented examples of extra-planetary forms of bacteria - which are recognizable *as* bacteria, I would imagine that life on other planets would follow similar patterns of development. Obviously there would be chemical and physical differences, but the principle of "similar function leads to similar design" would result in alien organisms that have some similarity to earth organisms. Therefore, we would naturally make the analogous comparisons like "They're three-legged space monkeys" or "Giant Wingless Bumblebees". There really is no conceivable form that we could not find some sort of comparison on earth (even if it *is* psychic rocks).

That being said, I'd really like to see Moles with their subservient Gopher slaves flying giant rock ships and invading lawns everywhere.

vaccum_pony

Post by vaccum_pony » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:06 pm

ehmkinator wrote:there have been a few documented examples of extra-planetary forms of bacteria - which are recognizable *as* bacteria

Um... Nope. Not a one. Nada. Zilch. The only life we have yet found is on Earth.
- - - -

Shed not a tear for humanity, go fetch my stars.

Vaccum Pony

Kaan'Ish

Post by Kaan'Ish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Have those martian rocks been placed on the 'not actually the case' list now then?

Gunner6000

Post by Gunner6000 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Kaan'Ish wrote:Have those martian rocks been placed on the 'not actually the case' list now then?

Its very hard for the scientific community to acknowledge or accept the findings of others.. there have been studies that have proven and disproven it from independent universities around the US and Europe.. thats not a bad thing at all though.. I wouldent want to live in a world where everything is accepted without people asking questions 1st..... but i wouldent recommend becoming a scientist if you cant handle constructvie critisim for decades :D.

Return to “The Lore”