Old Guesses at the Mystery

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Garfield78

Re: Old Guesses at the Mystery

Post by Garfield78 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:23 am

Hmmm i remember a few threads ...

Someone had found the engines of the Alien Derelicts looks like the Liir Stutter Warp Drive only tipped 90° to the side Mecron wrote a short reply like "Well spotted" and that was all we got ... we where close to the truth but it was only a near miss ;o)

Another was concerning the Morrigi Avatar pictures were one looked like a female because of triune beak which was different to the others
and "She who Writes" gave us a big hint concerning "The great Shame" but no one got into it ;o) ... more or less the hint was ... "a female as
a Fleet Commander "Qu'aan" or "Morru Qu'aan" would be a SHAME ... and nobody asked "Maybe a great Shame?" ... it was another near miss ;)

One of my few threads turned out to touch the story of Toktha ... but again ... a near miss

like the old austrian saying "Nochher is ma imma gscheida" - "hindsight is easier than foresight" 8)

Sometimes its a little bit anxious what my brain stores and what got lost seconds after hearing and reading :googly:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed

Allattar

Post by Allattar » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Erinys wrote:There is no universal translator. There is only Maldonado, who will have some 'splainin' to do when Sol Force finds out that his early intelligence was less than perfectly accurate.

--Arinn

Thats a little harsh.

So you went to speak to the telepathic dolphins, who can reprogramme each other with their thoughts...

And they were surprised the intelligence might be a little off? ok to be fair I doubt the Liir allowed Maldonado to leave knowing too much about how they can "guide" someone on to the right path.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
Every darn time.
shadow wolf wrote:Sorry to be so English.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

He actually knew quite a lot. He was able to start up Blue Section when he returned to human-controlled space, and after the AI Rebellion he moved into Research and Development and started up a new Section to to explore the Psionic capabilities of his own species in more depth.

Maldonado was able to become a TFC in the Intelligence service and hold the post for a very long time because he has a talent for secrecy, and for deciding what people need to know...and when.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

fiendishrabbit

Post by fiendishrabbit » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Erinys wrote:He actually knew quite a lot. He was able to start up Blue Section when he returned to human-controlled space, and after the AI Rebellion he moved into Research and Development and started up a new Section to to explore the Psionic capabilities of his own species in more depth.

Maldonado was able to become a TFC in the Intelligence service and hold the post for a very long time because he has a talent for secrecy, and for deciding what people need to know...and when.

--Arinn

So a fairly talented chap at Hide the thought. For a human.
...and they shall call him "mini-Muur"

P.S: I wouldn't be surprised if the Liir influenced Maldonado to act as he has. Seems to be in line with their standard modus operandi.
You can't trust the Liir. Never trust someone that smiles all the time.

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I imagine he's enjoying an extended lifespan.
Nerts to this space-crap!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:09 am

fiendishrabbit wrote:
P.S: I wouldn't be surprised if the Liir influenced Maldonado to act as he has. Seems to be in line with their standard modus operandi.

No, not really. Liir are not generally coercers, while they remain Liir.

--Arinn

fiendishrabbit

Post by fiendishrabbit » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:43 am

Erinys wrote:
fiendishrabbit wrote:

No, not really. Liir are not generally coercers, while they remain Liir.

--Arinn

Not coercers. But I've gotten the impression that the Liir are quite casual about modifying individuals, tweaking them to be better (according to Liir standards). Physically and mentally.
You can't trust the Liir. Never trust someone that smiles all the time.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:51 am

"Better" does not include enslaved, generally. Living longer, being stronger, listening and speaking more clearly by Liir standards...this they might do. Forgetting a crippling, agonizing memory that deforms the soul: perhaps. Behaving as a puppet--no.

Maldonado made his own choice for his own reasons.

--Arinn

Allattar

Post by Allattar » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:38 am

It sounds like Maldonado became quite a good friend to the Liir then.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
Every darn time.
shadow wolf wrote:Sorry to be so English.

Mika

Post by Mika » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Allattar wrote:It sounds like Maldonado became quite a good friend to the Liir then.

Or he made a decision that it was not good for Solforce to distrubute information that might endanger their relationship/alliance with the Liir.
Michael, speaking for Boskone

Return to “The Lore”