SotS ][ Demo/Beta?

Got questions? We've got answers.
Talguy 21

SotS ][ Demo/Beta?

Post by Talguy 21 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 am

Yeah, I'm wondering if there will be a public beta of our tensely awaited sequel? So? :)
"Who are you?" he muttered. "What are you?"

My name is Legion, it teased, mocking. For we are many.
Oh but do come back, Cai Rui. For you have seen such things…and I am so very hungry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- The Deacon's Tale
Im in ur hous, tuchin ur stuffs. - Me xD

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: SotS ][ Demo/Beta?

Post by Mecron » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 am

There will be a beta...no public beta plans at this point.

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:32 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19573

over in this thread I said:
1- Closed, invite only, NDA covered Beta Test similar to BoB's B.T. (those cool "Zuul Survivor" tags on some people's forum IDs show who was in it). Why closed and not Pre-order? Because Pre-order Betas fail in every respect. Big companies, like EA or Ubisoft, use them to amp up pre-order sales/hype and to test the game on a wider range of systems. However most "beta testers" simply see it as a "licence to play the game early". They don't submit bug reports, or submit them improperly, and may even go on open forums to bash the game as "a buggy, broken, rip-off" dispite the beta status of the game. The failure to properly report bugs makes them ineffective beta tests and the bashing/false impressions of the game can actually hurt sales. I think Mecron may have even posted something to that effect when people asked why BoB had a closed beta (but don't quote me on that cause it was a while ago).

Don't expect to see an open Beta for SotS][, but don't loose hope as the Closed Beta may be taking applications from forumites like it did for the BoB Beta. I don't see why Mec would even bring up a Beta period if it wasn't his intent to show us some love in that respect. Be patient and don't loose faith in the Devs at KP :thumbsup:
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

Talguy 21

Post by Talguy 21 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Why would I ever think public.... :oops: lol. I'd really love an invite though.
"Who are you?" he muttered. "What are you?"

My name is Legion, it teased, mocking. For we are many.
Oh but do come back, Cai Rui. For you have seen such things…and I am so very hungry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- The Deacon's Tale
Im in ur hous, tuchin ur stuffs. - Me xD

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:22 pm

And there will be a demo of course.

kdonovan

Post by kdonovan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Mecron wrote:And there will be a demo of course.

Woo-hoo!
Will it have Leviathans?
Suulka?
Something else cool?
:D

kdonovan

Post by kdonovan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:20 pm

So is there an ETA on the Demo?

April (2011) would be good!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Last edited by kdonovan on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:14 pm

...and thats when I had to kill them all, officer. :lol:

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 pm

kdonovan wrote:So is there an ETA on the Demo?

April (2011) would be good!

Are we three yet? Are we there yet?

They have to finish the game to make the demo, try late July early August if I had to guess.

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 pm

RobAK801 wrote:They have to finish the game to make the demo, try late July early August if I had to guess.

... And also expect the guy who lives near KP and bakes bribes to have sent brownies, some cakes, maybe even some homebrewed beer by then.

(psst... he should post if bribery works. And what types of cake they like.)
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

kdonovan

Post by kdonovan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:11 pm

The Apprentice wrote:
RobAK801 wrote:They have to finish the game to make the demo, try late July early August if I had to guess.

... And also expect the guy who lives near KP and bakes bribes to have sent brownies, some cakes, maybe even some homebrewed beer by then.

We all know what the Canadians put in their brownies - that's not conducive to productive programmers. Arrange for late night deliveries of pizza and Mountain Dew and a crate of No-Doze. Sure, they'll all look like meth addicts by September, but they'll get the job done. :shock:

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 pm

kdonovan wrote:
The Apprentice wrote:

We all know what the Canadians put in their brownies - that's not conducive to productive programmers. Arrange for late night deliveries of pizza and Mountain Dew and a crate of No-Doze. Sure, they'll all look like meth addicts by September, but they'll get the job done. :shock:

HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING!! FOOLS!! ONLY STAY-PUFF MARSHMELLOWS WILL GIVE THEM THE ENERGY THEY NEED!! Beer and pizza followed by cake and brownies are for celebrating after release. :bangdesk:

Lythandros

Post by Lythandros » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:24 am

What ever happened to good old fashioned sexual favours?(FU** U spell checker, the dictionary even says favour is the US spelling so why do they drop the u or i from every other word! It's Aluminium not Aluminum)
Sorry sidetracked. Anyway why are we discussing SotS][ beta/demo in the SotS demo forum?

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:16 am

Because the discussion started before there was a SotS2 board. And that still doesn't have a Demo subforum.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Return to “Demo Talk”